• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Have a Remington 600 in 308 I need to fit a pad to. I posted about it before, finally decided to take it to a shop and get it done so it stops sitting. Smith said easiest if I find the pad I want and bring it to him with the stock. Besides thickness how do I choose a pad? Recoil on this gun is mean or so I've been told.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Have a Remington 600 in 308 I need to fit a pad to. I posted about it before, finally decided to take it to a shop and get it done so it stops sitting. Smith said easiest if I find the pad I want and bring it to him with the stock. Besides thickness how do I choose a pad? Recoil on this gun is mean or so I've been told.
    This is what I used when I shortened my stock on my 870. Works really well at absorbing felt recoil. You may even be able to find one that‘s an exact fit without having to grind it down.

Last edited:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Scotty at Scott's Gunsmithing usually uses Kick Eez pads. I have a rifle waiting for him to pad right now (Ruger 77 338 Mag). Not sure where he sources them from. But it's surprising the smith didn't want to order it himself to be sure it's the appropriate size (to minimize grinding). By the way, padding presents a great opportunity to change the Length of pull.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Two votes for Kick Eez there
    A number of years back (before I worked there) I had Scott pad a Caesar Guerini Shotgun for me. Guerini themselves want nearly 3 times as much for a Kick Eez pad as Scott charged me for that job. I have padded some older shotguns myself with Pachmayr Pads because that was what they originally padded with and I had some old/new stock pads I found at gun shows for cheap. But as far as recoil absorption, there is no comparison. Kick Eez is a far superior pad. They also grind well

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A number of years back (before I worked there) I had Scott pad a Caesar Guerini Shotgun for me. Guerini themselves want nearly 3 times as much for a Kick Eez pad as Scott charged me for that job. I have padded some older shotguns myself with Pachmayr Pads because that was what they originally padded with and I had some old/new stock pads I found at gun shows for cheap. But as far as recoil absorption, there is no comparison. Kick Eez is a far superior pad. They also grind well
    Ditto

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom