• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Ok, so I ordered my bow on the 16th of this month. They told me it would be a week or so before it would be in. So I call today and it hadn't arrived. The shop told me they would call the company and see what the hold up was. They were told they hadn't even started on my bow(I'm a lefty). They weren't even going to ramp up production for at least another 2 weeks or so, so I shouldn't expect my bow for about 3 weeks. Totally bummed me out. I do not blame the shop, they ordered the bow and were not told they were not in stock or production yet. So I got a while before I am out shooting it.

Ok, rant over.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    It was 3 months on my last bow. All the bow Mfg's are slow this time of year. Right now I have been waiting on a new set of limbs to be built. Bart from Xfire strings has the strings done already. Left handed bows are the last to be built in a production run. I guess they have to re-tool.
    Have you looked at http://www.lancasterarchery.com/

Some things are worth the wait.

Last edited:

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    It was 3 months on my last bow. All the bow Mfg's are slow this time of year. Right now I have been waiting on a new set of limbs to be built. Bart from Xfire strings has the strings done already. Left handed bows are the last to be built in a production run. I guess they have to re-tool.
    Have you looked at http://www.lancasterarchery.com/

Some things are worth the wait.

Lancaster is the place to go.:thumbsup:

It's worth the ride, and they will treat you and set you up right.

What brand & model bow did you order?

MH

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I'm a lefty too and I am having the same problem. I like to buy any new bow at the end of the season so I have half a year to get used to the new bow. I can't find lefty bows in stock anywhere. I guess the manufacturers don't ramp up until closer to the start of the season.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I'm a lefty too and I am having the same problem. I like to buy any new bow at the end of the season so I have half a year to get used to the new bow. I can't find lefty bows in stock anywhere. I guess the manufacturers don't ramp up until closer to the start of the season.

Been a month ago, but Bass Pro had some left hand ones marked down. I know that one was a Bear Carnage, you couldn't go wrong with that bow. I don't know if it's still there though.

MH

gutshootem

Feb 27, 2013
    Calvert
    Nothing new when ordering a new bow. I wouldnt be surprised if they tell you the exact same thing when you call back in two weeks. As some other guys have said, it may not be a bad idea to head up to Lancaster. They may have it or something you like better in stock. Worst case scenerio you get to shoot a bunch of new bows.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Lancaster will set you up and let you shoot a bunch of bows to find the one you like. Plus, they actually know what they are talking about and selling.

Go on a weekday if you can, you'll have the place and the people that work there all to yourself.

MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom