• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pro2A

Maryland Refugee
    Jul 1, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    My folks live in Waldorf and so do a few of my friends. I'd like to be able to go to the range with them when I come to visit. Anyone know of any ranges around the Waldorf or Charles County area?

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Myrtle Grove WMA in the La PLata area has a 100 yd target range open 7 days mon 1pm-6pm, tues-sat open 9am-6pm and sun 1pm-5pm. The number for information is (301)743-5161.
    They also have a trap range for shotgunners. (I'm not sure if you bring your own clay thrower or not.) NO shot (buckshot or birdshot) is allowed at the target range, only in the trap area. Target stands are provided and clothespins to hang your targets.

There are no sales at the range, so bring your own ammo and targets.

Hope this helps,

Tom

pro2A

Maryland Refugee
    Jul 1, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Sweet, now I know what I am doing next time I come down :)

One question I'm not 100% sure on, is transport legal to a friends house or my parents house when I come to visit. Provided its locked up etc... as per law? I would think it is, but I'm not sure.

Do my friends and parents house count as "residence"? Also if I were to spend the night at either location would it be legal to keep my loaded gun next to the bed even tho I'm from out of state. If so what would happen in a SD situation in either house if someone broke in, threatened me etc...

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Forgot about the $20. permit fee to use the range. You can pick it up at one of the areas Walmart stores. In the sporting goods section, tell them you need a permit for Myrtle Grove WMA shooting range. It's good until July '09.

As for the legalities, someone better informed than me should give you that advice. This is Maryland ,after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom