• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I’m looking for a range I can take my niece to. She wants to learn to shoot, but my sister is kinda lazy so I need to find somewhere I can take her without being her legal guardian. I’m in PG county so also not looking to go super far. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I would look into joining the AGC. It’s a great range, there’s lots of good clubs to choose from, can’t think of a better place to introduce your niece to the shooting sports.

You’ll need to join one of the 30+ clubs that make up the AGC before being able to shoot there. I’m partial to Arlington but there’s plenty of other great clubs as well.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Berwyn in Bowie has the Saturday morning juniors program. It's free and they provide everything.

I just did their paperwork to become a member I guess I’m just gonna wait and see what happens. I like that they have 100yrd range. I think I’ll take my niece to msar this weekend since they said she just needs to be accompanied by someone 21

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I just did their paperwork to become a member I guess I’m just gonna wait and see what happens. I like that they have 100yrd range. I think I’ll take my niece to msar this weekend since they said she just needs to be accompanied by someone 21

The Berwyn Juniors Program is open to the public. You don't need to be a member to have your child participate.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012

Use to be a member there almost 10 years ago. Got too crowded for me during my time there. Then the weekends…. Agc is far, but a lot better and cheaper.

How many times are you planning to take her per month.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Use to be a member there almost 10 years ago. Got too crowded for me during my time there. Then the weekends…. Agc is far, but a lot better and cheaper.

Honestly I want to get her use to firearms and shooting. She loves playing shooter games and already wants to go with me to the range whenever I go. So I’d take her as often as possible.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    AGC is probably THE most user friendly option within 1,000 miles.

Once you have a badge, you can sign her in as a guest ($15 per day) as often as you wish, for an hour or all day long.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Honestly I want to get her use to firearms and shooting. She loves playing shooter games and already wants to go with me to the range whenever I go. So I’d take her as often as possible.

Bowie gun club plus initial membership fee is not worth it. Get a AGC membership and she and you can shoot steel targets as well.

Take her to guntry and you should go check that place out as well. They have washing station with soap that washes away gun powder. lol. Go to Cindy’s off of 295 and on 175. Indoor range (light trip).

Make sure you get some splatter targets and if you go try the indoor, also put a mask on her if she is comfortable. Lead exposure ( I m THAT guy). Got three kids myself. I say try the indoor. She can shoot targets up close, which is a HUGE plus for first time shooters

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

Really? I was a member there about a decade ago when I was working on NASA and NOAA projects in Greenbelt, and I always thought the place was pretty much empty after work. It was busier on weekends, admittedly. I still think OP would do well to check out the juniors program there.

AGC has a couple of things for younger shooters, namely the ARPC Olympic-style airgun program and MRPC Scholastic Action Shooting Program. OP didn't specify his niece's age or preference, so it's hard to say which would be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom