• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Looking for a soft side range bag capable of carrying 4 Revolvers, with all the BP shooting accessories needed at range.
    Not having much luck finding a 4 capacity.
    Can go 2 revolvers capacity and keep 2 in car and swap during shoots if I had to.
    Most what I see are for semi-autos.
    Any recommendations?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Most range bags are going to have dedicated aspects that are for semi-autos, such as magazine holders - that's the largest share of the market, so that's what the manufacturers make.

I have the Smith & Wesson soft sided range bag. It can be absolutely jammed with stuff - I had 3 pistols in it on my trip to the range on Sunday.

This bag is a rip of the 511 bag, but for less money. I like this bag a lot, but it can get heavy if I try to pack guns and ammo in the same bag - more recently I have taken to only putting guns in it and carrying my ammo separately.

I did a pretty deep dive reading about range bags when I bought mine - I wanted something fairly large that could hold a lot of stuff, and this bag does not disappoint - it has zippered pockets and enough nooks and crannies for a lot of stuff - you could probably make it work.

I would have recommended the Midway USA competition range bag (another rip of the 511 bag) but they seem to be out of stock at the moment.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

I have the Smith & Wesson soft sided range bag. It can be absolutely jammed with stuff - I had 3 pistols in it on my trip to the range on Sunday.

….

I would have recommended the Midway USA competition range bag (another rip of the 511 bag) but they seem to be out of stock at the moment.
    I went ahead and used the “Notify Me” for when they come back into stock -

I continue to be blown away by those competition range bags MidWayUSA pushed out last year - kicking myself for not getting a heckuva lot more when they were 50% off - to use as actual luggage!

ROOMY!!!

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Thanks much. I can make that work. Elk Neck Range website says not allowed to have pistols in holsters on body (weird) so I need a way to carry them and a 5 gallon bucket seems rather tacky :lol2:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    All the specialized pockets seem to be a waste of space to me, unless you have a use for each pocket. I have several bags like that which never get used any more.

Personally, I think a zippered soft case (rug) for each pistol and a med sized gym bag work best. Plus a few small pouches or little bags for things like cleaning kits, etc.

Throw all the cased pistols, boxed ammo, and bagged accessories in the big bag.

I have soft zippered pistol cases from LA police gear I like and would recommend, but they have mag loops inside, which would just be a waste or inconvenience for your BP guns.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I just use a medium/large soft tool bag. Check Home Depot or Lowes or Harbor Freight. I think I got mine from Big Lots years ago.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hmph. I tend to take one gun to the range when I practice, and can fit it with all accoutrements into a 14x18 hard case.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Most range bags are going to have dedicated aspects that are for semi-autos, such as magazine holders - that's the largest share of the market, so that's what the manufacturers make.

This bag is a rip of the 511 bag, but for less money. I like this bag a lot, but it can get heavy if I try to pack guns and ammo in the same bag - more recently I have taken to only putting guns in it and carrying my ammo separately.

I did a pretty deep dive reading about range bags when I bought mine - I wanted something fairly large that could hold a lot of stuff, and this bag does not disappoint - it has zippered pockets and enough nooks and crannies for a lot of stuff - you could probably make it work.

I 2nd this! This bag almost carries too much stuff, it can hurt the shoulder. You can buy optional pistol pouches too for more guns, I’ve taken 10, yes ten handguns to the range in this bag, with at least 6 loaded mags each, eye and ear pro and targets, with room to spare. You won’t be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom