• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Are the Ranier Arms BCGs that good? I have a BCM parkerized full-auto spare, but would prefer not to cannibalize it for another build. I'm assuming the match-grade is just the NiB BCG that was found with better tolerances.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Have they fixed their security gap so that people don't get their credit cards stolen?

Because if they have, then awesome!

I have ordered thousands of dollars from them and have not had issues. I am aware of the thread about "possible" security issues. If you are that worried there are options out there besides just typing your card in.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have ordered thousands of dollars from them and have not had issues. I am aware of the thread about "possible" security issues. If you are that worried there are options out there besides just typing your card in.

There are also lots of options when it comes to buying AR Parts. F*ck Rainier Arms and their little dog too! If you read the thread thoroughly you would have seen the piece of code found on the site that sends all your personal data to an ip address in Europe. If this is a "possible" security issue then I'd hate to see a real problem.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Call the order in instead of placing it online if you want to play it safe.
    Call order and mail a USPS money order to avoid any security issues.

That's the advice I garnered from the other thread, and how I plan on going about getting a couple of Raptor Ambi Charging Handles. My point was more towards whether or not, as a company, they have resolved this ongoing issue (and to inform MDS members to alter their payment form accordingly).

If you read the other thread, there were a great number of people who had thousands stolen from them via the real security breach. I think they're a great company who have failed to live up to their own reputation in this select matter (most notably customer service and customer security).

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    That's the advice I garnered from the other thread, and how I plan on going about getting a couple of Raptor Ambi Charging Handles. My point was more towards whether or not, as a company, they have resolved this ongoing issue (and to inform MDS members to alter their payment form accordingly).

If you read the other thread, there were a great number of people who had thousands stolen from them via the real security breach. I think they're a great company who have failed to live up to their own reputation in this select matter (most notably customer service and customer security).

The point of this thread was to put it out there. So it seems people were victims of a security breach. I have never been, I have ordered stuff since Jan. I guess I was lucky. I just wanted to put this out there for people. It was not an endorsement one way or the other. It was a good deal as with anything people should be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom