• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    So I was completely set on getting the Jewell trigger, but because of the wait and a good friend convincing me to try the Timney I decided against it. I ordered the Timney from Joeboboutfitters.com and within three days had it in my hands. Initial impressions are very good. With it set at 1.5#'s it is crisp with no over travel. The shape of the shoe is pretty wide which seems to promote correct pull. The safety fit was perfect and the install required no inletting with my HS stock. The install itself was very simple and straight forward. Not counting the value it offers at around 100$ this is an extremely well made trigger. I don't doubt that I would have liked the Jewel, but I can't imagine it's much, if any bit better than the Timney.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    So I was completely set on getting the Jewell trigger, but because of the wait and a good friend convincing me to try the Timney I decided against it. I ordered the Timney from Joeboboutfitters.com and within three days had it in my hands. Initial impressions are very good. With it set at 1.5#'s it is crisp with no over travel. The shape of the shoe is pretty wide which seems to promote correct pull. The safety fit was perfect and the install required no inletting with my HS stock. The install itself was very simple and straight forward. Not counting the value it offers at around 100$ this is an extremely well made trigger. I don't doubt that I would have liked the Jewel, but I can't imagine it's much, if any bit better than the Timney.

Nice, I thought about the Timney also and might end up using my Jewell on my tube gun and buying a Timney for my R700. 7/28 is the next fclass shoot at peacemaker, come on out.

30ought6

#PING!
    Sep 10, 2010
    VA
    I put a Timney on my 700 SPS TAC w/ H-S Precision stock and absolutely enjoy it. I had to realign the safety lever since it was contacting the receiver. Other than that, installation was simple.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    The Jewel trigger IS better but I'm sure you'll be happy with your Timney. I have had both so this is no "mine's better than yours" post.

I don't doubt it, but everything I've read says the Timney is more durable to hard use in dirty environments.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

Glad to hear :party29:

Van Dyke Rifles is located within 30 minutes of our shop, and the owner comes in about once a week. They do a large number of high end 700 builds that they rebarrel, blueprint, new stock, etc. Their experience is exactly the same as yours. The Jewels seem to have major issues with the slightest amount of dirt or grime in the trigger assy. They seem to urge customers not to build them with one, due to that reason. They said they're a good trigger, but if it's not reliable even slightly dirty, it's not safe or worth it.

Unfortunately the AR15 Timney triggers are closer to $200, but the Timney 700 triggers at $100 aren't bad at all AND drop in :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom