• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Finally got the g27 to the range today...only 100 rounds of wwb but it gave me a little taste of what this thing is like. First off, the recoil is horri...no, actually its quite nice i think...it has that typical 40 snappy whip but with an adjustment of my grip and arm positioning and i was able to keep the sights on target without much issue. The sights are...their well...ok, i guess...they work, but they could be a bit better, perhaps the rear notch could be deeprr so that the top of the front sight can sit flush with the top of the rear without cutting off some of the front dot...that being said when i fully fixated on the front dot only i did shoot a bit more consistantly. I was already planning on xs bigdots anyway so whatever. My biggest issue was the trigger. Im used to my 92 and aks which all have very short, light and crisp pulls/breaks...even with a ghost 3.5# rocket connector and trigger bar polishing it.still felt like crap...ill be doing alot more work on this area.

Over all though i really liked the gun, it pointed well, waus comfortable and easilly controlable. When i would manage to do my part the gun shot right on...i.cant wait for the

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    When i would manage to do my part the gun shot right on...i.cant wait for the

Don't leave me hangin', Bro! ;) :lol2:

I have a G27 too that's new to me. I have 100 rounds of Remington UMC downrange so far and it works great. No failures of any kind. I agree recoil is no big deal, even without the pinky mag extension. I'm no expert on triggers, so take it with a grain of salt when I say it feels OK to me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Alas I am in the aperent minority that hates Dots. But as soon as you can lay your hands on some nail polish or model paint they disapear.

Glock triggers are Glock triggers, and for the previous 25yrs a substantial portion of the gun industry has been copying them.

*To Me* a stock 5.5lb is usable , and the addition of NY-1 return spring makes it substantially better. But viewpoints differ , and YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom