• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Do they come with night sights from the factory or must that be bought and installed aftermarket? I'm getting conflicting information. Also what is the recoil spring upgrade that sounds like a recall?

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Do they come with night sights from the factory or must that be bought and installed aftermarket? I'm getting conflicting information. Also what is the recoil spring upgrade that sounds like a recall?

Nope, night sights are not standard.

The recoil spring issue affects primarily early Gen4s and there is a recall on it.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Only Glocks ordered for law enforcement programs and such can be had with night sights. All civilian models come with standard sights. The recalled gen 4s should be out of the system for new purchases now, as it as been some time now since the last recall. All of the gen fours I have on the shelf were made just a couple months ago, so they are all good to go.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD

There are factory nightsights. But you have to pay extra. Most guns come with stock, plastic sights, but you can pay extra for factory night sights. They are three dot variety, and unless they've changed in the last year, are made by Meprolight.

If you buy a new Gen 4 right now you won't have the recalled spring. For the record, the spring wasn't malfunctioning, it was just too heavy for the target loads that most of us shoot.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I recommend springing for the Trijicon HD sights. They're the best I have found and I did a lot of research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom