• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesBoyd

Mar 29, 2014
    Temple Hills, MD
    Hello all, and thank you for viewing my post. If anyone could point me in the right direction as to my question that would be greatly appreciated. Here is my issue....

I would like to purchase a firearm from Atlantic Firearms using layaway. My FFL will be Atlantic Guns in Rockville. Here's where I begin to become somewhat confused. In what order should I take the steps necessary to do this? Should I start the layaway purchase and pay it off within AF's 45 day period first, or should I get things straightened out with the FFL at AG first?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Don’t know how they operate but my guess is that you need to pay for it in full before AF will transfer it to Atlantic guns
    I would at least talk to Atlantic Guns and make sure they’ll accept/process a transfer from them before you buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    Id recommend checking with Atlantic guns first to see if what you are interested in is something they can get you and if they have a layaway program (I bet they do). Might save yourself some $ and aggravation just getting it direct from Atlantic guns.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Doesn't Atlantic charge an exorbitant amount for transfers? Maybe they've lowered it but about five years ago I asked about a transfer and they said their service charge was $100. If that hasn't changed I would look elsewhere.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    They told me it would be 40 for a handgun and 60 for a long gun. Not exactly ideal, for sure.
    You probably have those numbers reversed. Not an exorbitant amount considering where they are located.

WhoMe

BANNED!!!
    Aug 10, 2017
    I did exactly this at Atlantic Guns a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have what I wanted in stock so they are ordering it for me. Took a $50 deposit and gave me a layaway ticket to pick it up when it comes in. Note: This was not a special order. It is something they routinely stock. For a special order I would expect to pay in full up front.

Id recommend checking with Atlantic guns first to see if what you are interested in is something they can get you and if they have a layaway program (I bet they do). Might save yourself some $ and aggravation just getting it direct from Atlantic guns.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Doesn't Atlantic charge an exorbitant amount for transfers? Maybe they've lowered it but about five years ago I asked about a transfer and they said their service charge was $100. If that hasn't changed I would look elsewhere.
    Atlantic dropped their transfer prices to "locally competitive" a while back. They're still a little further away for me than United and Engage, but at least they're an option now.

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    I did exactly this at Atlantic Guns a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have what I wanted in stock so they are ordering it for me. Took a $50 deposit and gave me a layaway ticket to pick it up when it comes in. Note: This was not a special order. It is something they routinely stock. For a special order I would expect to pay in full up front.

Good deal. I always prefer to try and give business to the local guys.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    You will want to contact your FFL transfer dealer before placing the order to make sure they will handle the transfer for you and see what they will charge etc .

century-ap5-pistol-w-sb-brace-sms-optic-18.jpg

Century Arms AP5

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom