• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I recently made a post about StarLink and Xfinity and yet, when searching for either of them in conjunction with my name, the thread is not in the search results. Perchance, does the forum have a lag, due to indexing content or something, before accurate results turn up?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Poor search function within discussion boards is a common problem. It is often more effective to go outside and use duck duck go or google. In the very least don’t use the first choice in the pop-up window go to advanced and set parameters to narrow it

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    The search result I posted in the second post here showed your original post when I did it and it was less than 10 minutes old.
    Right. Didn’t connect in my addled old brain. On the other hand, I just searched again for “StarLink” as subject and “DanGuy48” in member space and the first result was my post at the top of this thread. The next one was from 2023. The next from 2022. It still does not show the one that I can see under “threads with your posts”. So, I guess the search function just sucks.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Right. Didn’t connect in my addled old brain. On the other hand, I just searched again for “StarLink” as subject and “DanGuy48” in member space and the first result was my post at the top of this thread. The next one was from 2023. The next from 2022. It still does not show the one that I can see under “threads with your posts”. So, I guess the search function just sucks.
    Yeah, but it does provide fodder for giving Noobs random shit. So we got that going for us... :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    shatter

Latest threads

Top Bottom