• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I noticed on another thread that several of you live in surrounding counties but work in St. Mary's. I live in St. Mary's but work in DC (Keller bus works pretty well). I'm starting to seriously look at retiring and doing something else for a while (the three hours a day commute is really getting old). Basically, I'm looking for ideas of what work possibilities are out there. I've looked casually at the PAXJOBS website but not seen any thing in the environmental field, everything seems to be engineering.

A little about my background: Working on my 35th year of Federal service. College background: BS- agronomy (crops and soils); MS- pesticides (mostly herbicides and insecticides); ABD- Entomology. Started at APG as an Entomologist running a gas chromatograph and served as Post Agronomist. Moved to EPA Office of Pesticide Programs (field testing insecticides, devices and environment and human pesticide monitoring); two years in a research environmental monitoring program; and the last 15 years in the central quality assurance office with QA oversight of EPA science activities. Also, active in farming. Sorry, probably TMI.:)

I'm interested in something that will get me out of the office at least part of the time. More interested in part time but would certainly consider full time for the right 'fun' job. (Need to finally have time to shoot some of my collection.)

I'm looking at sometime next calendar year to make this happen. I am a witness for EPA in a criminal case in Montana (for work I did in 1980) that I want to finish before I leave. I'm a subpoenaed witness and would have to go retired or not.:innocent0

Thanks for any input. Sorry for the long post but this is something I need to get started or I'll still be here next year.:tdown:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    What about workplace environmental health & safety consulting type work? That seems to be a growing field and I know from using them that the consulting companies that do it are quite busy. Seems to me that the degree requirements are fairly liberal, as long as it's some type of scientific background. I don't know a lot about it, just making a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom