Question about the mental Health portion of the bill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    A few years back, MD passed a civil immunity bill on defending your home. Frosh had killed it for years and repeatedly told people testifying for it that "anyone can sue anyone anytime for anything". The Chairman shares your sentiment.

I wonder how much bribe money he took from slip-and-fall lawyers to do that?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The Baltimore County Gun Squad subpoenas the logs at shooting ranges and checks to see if any prohibited people are shooting there. Luckily, they will NOT have the mental health records. Of course, they will going forward. There is that little perjury detail when doing the 77r, too. This is a mess.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Hello Gents,

I found this question on the conceal carry form. I suspect it would be on the same form for background check on regulated firearms and handguns:

18) Have you ever attended, or been treated, or observed by any medical doctor, psychiatrist, hospital, or institution, including voluntary commitment, for any mental or psychiatric condition?

Is this question specifically asking about a mental institution?

If a person was diagnosed with ADHD & Mild Depression by a Doctor over a decade ago (in a different state) and now currently resides in MD and is purchasing regulated firearms.

This person sought treatment from both Psychiatrist and Psychologist during the initial diagnosis and continues medication as a form of treatment.

This person has no history of violence. Not Suicidal. Generally well adjusted citizen who wishes to exercise their second amendment rights.

Under the current law, would this person have to answer "yes" to the Mental Health question and would this person be prohibited from purchasing or encounter delays?

Under the future law if passed, would this person have to relinquish their firearms?

Thanks!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you are honest you answer honestly. Under your scenario you would not be prohibited.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Honesty is the best policy. But To answer the question honestly and correctly I would need to understand the question. I am just seeking clarity and wondering if anyone has been through a similar situation recently.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    I appreciate your input and interpretation.

I interpreted the question the same way.

I have not seen the questions on the background check yet and wanted to be prepared to answer the question properly.

Thank you!

It sounds like I may have to go though a whole bunch of hoopla if I purchase after sb281.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That was a great show.

The two motorcycle cops that did everything in unison.

Side by side crime fighters those two were.

Were the bikes Cows or Hogs?

I can't remember.

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    I checked with the Dealer yesterday & looked at the paperwork. The question in my first post is not on the current form, however there was a mental health release form I will be required to fillout.

Basically if MD does anything like NY I would be one of the people they would try to take my Firearms. :mad54:

I would move out of state if that were to happen.:shrug:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Please let MSI know if there is a problem. We will need a plaintiff for the lawsuit that is sure to come in the future.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Would having a sickly [heart condition] pregnant wife who faints if she has to run up the stairs, and a two-year old daughter be a plus in a lawsuit?:innocent0

It might. :D

I will pray that all goes well with the pregnancy.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    You guys do know what Swatting is? I hope so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

I didn't hear much of this corollary during all the hearings, but someone or many people will be falsely accused due to personal or political reprisal.

Bet

A homemade dinner by your wife - provided she knows how to cook well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom