• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    So my question is... and please forgive my ignorance...

If I take the 16 hour class for MD conceal carry can that same training be used to meet the requirements for Florida, Utah, or VA non resident ccw?

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    no. you need to take the courses from the perspective states for which you are applying. that being said, there are instructors here who teach the utah course. i am not aware of a fla course per se. maybe others here can chime in?

do you intend to apply for the MD wear/carry permit? if so, that permit will allow you to apply as a non-resident to each state you asked about, so, yes. make sense?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    When I moved back to VA, I used my MD online safety course to get my VA resident CHP. Not sure about non resident though.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    So my question is... and please forgive my ignorance...

If I take the 16 hour class for MD conceal carry can that same training be used to meet the requirements for Florida, Utah, or VA non resident ccw?
    That class should suffice for Fla. and VA, but not sure about Utah. I believe you have to take the Utah specific class for that.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I believe many instructors may be willing to offer a single class (couple of days long) that will meet the requirements for FL, UT, MD, VA, etc. Ask around to our IP's. I know at least one who will.

Edit: At least one of our IP'S will set up a combined class covering the requirements for all of the permits listed above.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    no. you need to take the courses from the perspective states for which you are applying. that being said, there are instructors here who teach the utah course. i am not aware of a fla course per se. maybe others here can chime in?

do you intend to apply for the MD wear/carry permit? if so, that permit will allow you to apply as a non-resident to each state you asked about, so, yes. make sense?

The only state being discussed that requires a state specific course is UT. FL and VA will accept NRA or other training. MD would work as well.

As mentioned, VA will accept the MD Online training cert. FL accepts an NRA or other LE course. Or Hunter Safety. Be advised the FL statute requires live fire as part of the class. Exception is a Hunter saftey class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom