• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lukespeta16

Aug 8, 2022
    Pocomoke md
    I took the class this past weekend for the hql/ccw. I was told I have to have my hql before I turn in my paperwork in for my ccw. I was wondering if I could turn in both at the same time. Just trying to get the ball rolling on both ends! Does anybody know if I can do both at the same time before I get the “hql” back

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    The HQL gives you the permit needed to purchase a handgun. The wear and carry gives you the permit needed to carry/conceal a firearm. Not mutually exclusive and as noted, submit your wear and carry application first.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , you Don't need the HQL first . You don't need an HQL at all .

If you wish an HQL . and have a bit of patience , apply and recieve the W&C first , and you can then request an HQL for no charge , saving $100 plus .

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    I took the class this past weekend for the hql/ccw. I was told I have to have my hql before I turn in my paperwork in for my ccw. I was wondering if I could turn in both at the same time. Just trying to get the ball rolling on both ends! Does anybody know if I can do both at the same time before I get the “hql” back
    Where did you take the class?

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    No , you Don't need the HQL first . You don't need an HQL at all .

If you wish an HQL . and have a bit of patience , apply and recieve the W&C first , and you can then request an HQL for no charge , saving $100 plus .
    Great point. My wife wants to get CCW as well, any idea on her carrying one of my handguns ? While the HQL may be free afterwards, I already purchased a compact for her to learn on and shoot.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I applied for my HQL as soon as I could find the HGP number on my approved application. The HQL was approved within hours at no additional cost.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Great point. My wife wants to get CCW as well, any idea on her carrying one of my handguns ? While the HQL may be free afterwards, I already purchased a compact for her to learn on and shoot.

She can carry one of your guns, no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom