• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rfields1984

Sep 14, 2022
    Baltimore
    Good evening everyone I'm new here. I have received my hql and yet I was denied on my 77r. I'm new to the world of firearms. Last year during a robbery I was shot 9 times and since than protecting my family as well as myself has been priority. I have sent in my appeal but now what should I do? Any feed back is greatly appreciated.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    do you have a history of mental illness? Use or have a medical marijuana card, any criminal history.

Any of those factors will result in a denial that may not have been identified since you got your HQL.

Not sure if the state is required to disclose your reason for denial.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Good evening everyone I'm new here. I have received my hql and yet I was denied on my 77r. I'm new to the world of firearms. Last year during a robbery I was shot 9 times and since than protecting my family as well as myself has been priority. I have sent in my appeal but now what should I do? Any feed back is greatly appreciated.
    Insufficient information.

The most common reason for disapproval of a 77R tends to result from a false statement- answering one of the questions incorrectly.

Some people have erroneously checked “yes” when the answer should have been “no,” or “No” when the correct answer should have been “Yes.”

MSP will provide you a written notice explaining why you were disapproved. You have the right to retain counsel for the informal review and/or for a hearing before the Office of Administrative Hearings (an administrative law judge) in Hunt Valley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom