• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brando1523

Jan 15, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hey all! It is my understanding that the 30 days between purchasing regulated firearms starts once the ND is received and the firearm is picked up from the FFL (please correct me if I'm wrong).

My question is this: If one is waiting to hear back on paperwork for one regulated firearm, could another regulated firearm be purchased online, have it sent to an FFL (where it would be held until the 30 days from ND has past) and do the paperwork once the 30 day requirement has been met?

I realize, of course, that this would be up to the discretion of the FFL in question. However, assuming that the FFL would be willing to hold the firearm for the appropriate amount of time, would this be legal? Your input and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Alex

Jan 19, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Hey all! It is my understanding that the 30 days between purchasing regulated firearms starts once the ND is received and the firearm is picked up from the FFL (please correct me if I'm wrong).

This is how I understand it, and how I (and FFLs I have used in the past) have dealt with it.

My question is this: If one is waiting to hear back on paperwork for one regulated firearm, could another regulated firearm be purchased online, have it sent to an FFL (where it would be held until the 30 days from ND has past) and do the paperwork once the 30 day requirement has been met?

I realize, of course, that this would be up to the discretion of the FFL in question. However, assuming that the FFL would be willing to hold the firearm for the appropriate amount of time, would this be legal? Your input and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

In the current environment I have without issue completed several transfers exactly as you described. Different FFLs have handled the paper differently (specifically the question "have you purchased a regulated firearm in the last 30 days?") With waits at 3 months, the last few FFLs I have dealt with have said it is essentially a moot point. Call your FFL, he/she should easily be able to explain how they handle it.

Jmarko

Apr 8, 2013
    This is how I understand it, and how I (and FFLs I have used in the past) have dealt with it.

In the current environment I have without issue completed several transfers exactly as you described. Different FFLs have handled the paper differently (specifically the question "have you purchased a regulated firearm in the last 30 days?") With waits at 3 months, the last few FFLs I have dealt with have said it is essentially a moot point. Call your FFL, he/she should easily be able to explain how they handle it.

This is what my ffl said. I picked up my first one, got paperwork in on the second one two weeks later at another ffl. By the time they get to my app it will most likely be three months after my first pickup at least.

brando1523

Jan 15, 2013
    Nottingham
    Awesome input guys! I really appreciate it :) looks like I'll just have to call my friendly neighborhood FFL and see how they handle it. Thanks again!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Once again from the fractured obsolete sound recording media dept : Apply for your Designated Collector Letter Today ! It is free. It will arrive far quicker than the first ND . It will make all these questions moot.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just be careful that you do not pick up a second one until 30 days after the previous one.

The pickup date is reported by the MSP and eventually they may come to see you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom