• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Hap Backer Westminister
    Elk neck North East, Md exit 100 off I95

Join one of the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore and Shoot ten minutes from Owings Mill Mall. From Towson it is Just 25 miles away for me.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Hap was $15/day or either $80 or $85 for a one year pass. I think the year begins in July, so buy smart. I do not think they raised their prices.

Free State is in the White Marsh area. It is a 25 yard indoor range that allows 5.56 and 7.62x39 rifles. Not the best solution but good for function testing and getting familiar with a new rifle.

gooder

Aug 26, 2011
    Does Continental allow rifles other than pistol caliber and .30 M1 carbine round?

Nope, they don't. Rifles are limited only to those which use handgun cartridges.

From Continental Arms' range rules and procedures:

Firearms permitted in the range: HANDGUNS: Any handgun of a caliber up to and including .44 magnums. 50 Action Express and 454 Casull will be allowed at range officers’ discretion. Specialty pistols firing rifle cartridges are not permitted. S&W 500 and 460 are not permitted. RIFLES: Any rifle firing a handgun cartridge such as: .22 Rimfire, 9mm, .357 Mag, .30 Cal, .44 Mag, .45 Colt, etc. NOTE: Highpowered rifles are not permitted! SHOTGUNS: Any shotgun up to and including 12 ga. Shotguns MUST be equipped with a shoulder stock, and fired from the shoulder ONLY. Shotgun ammunition is limited to OO or OOO Buckshot. NOTHING ELSE!! Shotgun shooters must be over 18 yrs of age. Shooters must also use a large silhouette type target. FULLY AUTOMATIC FIREARMS: Fully automatic firearms may only be used with the specific approval of the Range Officer on duty whose decision is final. All Federal paperwork must be presented with the firearm. If permitted by the RO, firing is then limited to bursts of 3 rounds maximum. See further detailed information.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Hap Backer Westminister
    Elk neck North East, Md exit 100 off I95

Join one of the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore and Shoot ten minutes from Owings Mill Mall. From Towson it is Just 25 miles away for me.

Elk Neck State Forest range is $10 per day or $50 for a yearly pass.

You have to bring your own targets and target stand. The park road to the range is not paved, keep that in mind depending on your vehicle. The range is not supervised 24/7, so if you love having an RSO on duty at all times, then this might not be the place for you. I think some folks on here were trying to get the weekend RSO program re-started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom