• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GHDIII

Mar 24, 2018
    PTR 32 Pistol in 7.62x39 with 12.5” barrel

Hey all. I'm looking for someone who owns one of these and has had experience with different compensators.

I really want to put some sort of brake on the front, but it's stressing me out (I've already dumped way more $$ than I care to admit working out the brace, fore-end, upgraded buffer, and optic.) Here's my problem.

1. It's a short barrel and I really don't want to blow anyone's ears out or stare at a fire ball. So, maybe a super effective break is out of the question. Maybe a linear break?
    2. Again, It's a short barrel and all of the .30 cal brakes seem to be really long. I would have just bought a 16” barrel if I didn't care about the length.
    3. The bolt on this thing is gigantic. It's not as big as my SAW was, but it's way bigger than an AR. So, I'm wondering if the weight of the bolt will still have such an effect that a comp won't make much of a difference. Don't get me wrong. The impulse is soft, but it's long and you can really feel the weight shift when it cycles.

Thanks all. I'm new here so try to not make too much fun of me. :-)

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Limit muscle rise, reduce flash, softer recoil, etc.
    The locking pc and buffer make a much bigger difference than the muzzle device to recoil. It's one of the softest shooting rifles I have, but admit I've never fired one as a pistol w/brace.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    PTR 32 Pistol in 7.62x39 with 12.5” barrel

Hey all. I'm looking for someone who owns one of these and has had experience with different compensators.

I really want to put some sort of brake on the front, but it's stressing me out (I've already dumped way more $$ than I care to admit working out the brace, fore-end, upgraded buffer, and optic.) Here's my problem.

1. It's a short barrel and I really don't want to blow anyone's ears out or stare at a fire ball. So, maybe a super effective break is out of the question. Maybe a linear break?
    2. Again, It's a short barrel and all of the .30 cal brakes seem to be really long. I would have just bought a 16” barrel if I didn't care about the length.
    3. The bolt on this thing is gigantic. It's not as big as my SAW was, but it's way bigger than an AR. So, I'm wondering if the weight of the bolt will still have such an effect that a comp won't make much of a difference. Don't get me wrong. The impulse is soft, but it's long and you can really feel the weight shift when it cycles.

Thanks all. I'm new here so try to not make too much fun of me. :-)

At least you used the search feature, so that is one gold star for you. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom