• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickey623

Jul 23, 2022
    Frederick
    Looking at the best bang for your buck to buy for the range between these three, Psa dagger vs Stoeger str9 vs Taurus th9..
    Anyone have any opinions or thoughts?

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Get all three and let us know. I was kinda hoping this had an opinion. I’m bias to glocks so I would say dagger but any of them should be good options.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I have an str-9 and a sar9. I honestly like the stoeger better. Awesome trigger, better groups, better looking. To me the sar9 is just ok looking and the trigger sucks. Apparently you can put 100,000 rounds through one without any problems, though. The only downsides I can see to the str9 are lack of any aftermarket support and availability/cost of mags. I have four ten round mags for mine that were all I could find at the time. I bought a generic plastic case for it on Amazon, which works fine. I might be coerced into selling mine, as I'm fairly flush with striker fired plastic 9mms at the moment.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    If you get a Dagger decide upfront if you’re going to put a suppressor or dot sight on it and if not, don’t buy the ones they’re selling with threaded barrels (not sure if either “Doctor” cut or “RMR” cut matter) as the sights are WAY TALLER than the non-dot sight slides.

I own two Daggers and the first one is a standard slide that out of the box is a freaking keeper. Won the first match I shot with it as a matter of the fact, and didn’t take it out of the box other than to magic marker out the white dots on the sights let alone shoot it before the match. The trigger and reset are that great!

Enter # 2 Dagger which I picked up last week. Hmmm. Standard trigger but, damn it shoots low. Sights are wayyy tall and I don’t intend to suppress it so …. Immagunnahaveto swap either a standard height front sight or one of the aftermarket “melted” sight sets I have onto it …

For $300 you can’t beat ‘em!

rickey623

Jul 23, 2022
    Frederick
    I have an str-9 and a sar9. I honestly like the stoeger better. Awesome trigger, better groups, better looking. To me the sar9 is just ok looking and the trigger sucks. Apparently you can put 100,000 rounds through one without any problems, though. The only downsides I can see to the str9 are lack of any aftermarket support and availability/cost of mags. I have four ten round mags for mine that were all I could find at the time. I bought a generic plastic case for it on Amazon, which works fine. I might be coerced into selling mine, as I'm fairly flush with striker fired plastic 9mms at the moment.

I’m going on day 10 of waiting for my hql. Once it’s clear, if you was to part ways I’ll take it from ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I’m going on day 10 of waiting for my hql. Once it’s clear, if you was to part ways I’ll take it from ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ugh,I know the feeling. Whereabouts are you? I'm happy to meet you at a range so you can shoot it first and then have them orchestrate the transfer.

You need a Staccato or a Dan Wesson- maybe H&K's most expensive pistol. Your current choices are unacceptable.
    (Someone had to be the a-hole who first chimed in with that BS)
    On a serious note, I have heard really good things about The Stoeger, but I have never fondled or shot one.
    Never forget the hindsight 20/20 when it came to Caniks and TC Compass' being sold for peanuts. They were damn good guns being offered for cheap.

rickey623

Jul 23, 2022
    Frederick
    You need a Staccato or a Dan Wesson- maybe H&K's most expensive pistol. Your current choices are unacceptable.
    (Someone had to be the a-hole who first chimed in with that BS)
    On a serious note, I have heard really good things about The Stoeger, but I have never fondled or shot one.
    Never forget the hindsight 20/20 when it came to Caniks and TC Compass' being sold for peanuts. They were damn good guns being offered for cheap.
    I actually purchased a Canik mete sft..much better choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom