• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zx10guy

Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    From what I understand, DE does not issue NR permits, except for 30 days at a time or something. If your legal residence is in MD, you will have to get a NR from somewhere like FLA or one to the other states the DE recognizes. Check Handgunlaw.US to make sure. Check DE's laws to really make sure. I do know they do not accept MD or PA. Someone smarter than me will be along shortly.
    Or, change your residency to DE. But that can open up another can of worms.
    Thanks. Appreciate the reply. I read somewhere that getting a UT or FL permit would cover me for DE. I'll have to check that route then.

And yes, changing residency is going to be a big mess. Some advantages and some disadvantages. I'm also tracking the recently enacted gun laws there with the 17 round max magazine capacity limit and the ban on AR patterned rifles from being sold or brought in to the state.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    This is a timely topic. I have a place in DE. So what's the best way to get me covered to carry in DE being MD is my primary residence? Do the Utah non resident permit? Should I see about getting an actual DE permit even though my residence there is a second home?
    That's what I did.

I got UT before Bruen because we visit/vacation in DE and VA so often.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    ☭ Maryland ☭
    This is a timely topic. I have a place in DE. So what's the best way to get me covered to carry in DE being MD is my primary residence? Do the Utah non resident permit? Should I see about getting an actual DE permit even though my residence there is a second home?
    I have an AZ non-resident permit that DE honors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Antar3122

Latest threads

Top Bottom