• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I've had this cheap, crappy little .25 ACP pocket pistol for quite a while, but it was missing the trigger and the link to connect the trigger to the sear lever. Looking for replacement parts was a sporadic effort over the years. I've thought of selling it for parts or just smashing it up with a sledge, but decided to try one more time.

I wrote to Bob's Gun Parts, but he didn't have what I thought I needed. I found what I thought I needed at Numrich Gun Parts Corp., but when the parts arrived, they had nothing in common with the gun. I packed up the parts and returned them to GPC with a description and pics of the gun.

Just yesterday a package arrived with a trigger assembly quite different from what I had imagined the gun needed. But looking at it, I could see how it ought to fit into and work inside the gun, and after a few minutes of mild cussing and the gentle application of a few million ergs, I got the thing in and put back together. Mother Mary and Joseph, it works!

Now I gotta go to the range, put live ammo in it, and see if it 1.) works as designed, 2.) malfunctions, 3.) goes ka-blooey, or 4.) whateveh. I don't anticipate any real problems, but just in case, industrial-strength eye protection and leather gloves.

GuardianSmall.jpg

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Numrich is excellent. Jack First Gun Shop is also great when looking for old/hard to find parts.

I was once brought a C96 9mm Mauser that was missing the sear. Other than the missing part was in 75% condition or better... I ordered 2 sears from JFS (2 styles) and one of them went in after some fitting.

Test fired it and it worked great. For gunsmiths or enthusiasts of old guns that haven't been made for decades, retailers like Numrich and JFS can be life savers!

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I've heard good things about them as well. Neat gun BTW. I think my aunt has the same model, IIRC.. It was fun to shoot but picky about ammo..

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I've been happy with the stuff from Numrich. Never an issue and usually quick ship too.

My only "issue" is that they are out of the part I want the most!

May 13, 2005
    Numrich is outstanding. They have gone above and beyond to solve some very outlandish problems I have presented to them over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom