• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrjones22002

Sep 6, 2011
    I have a new Saiga Red Jacket Firearms. I brought from Atlantic Firearms about 6 months ago and I am just now getting around to playing with it (YES I know…shame on Me!). Well now I see that I cannot slide the bolt action all the way back. In fact I cannot take it out to disassemble the firearm.

I have put it on fire, taken off the dust cover, and removed the coil spring but the bolt carrier assembly does not want to come out. Any ideas?

Thanks!

rrjones22002

Sep 6, 2011
    Yes the spring is out, but the bolt assembly will only come back half way, like it is stuck on something or something is impeding its path to slide back and then allow me to pull up.

rrjones22002

Sep 6, 2011
    Well finally got the bolt assembly out...by pushing the BHO more inside it was able to slide out...now trying to put the darn thing back in (lol)...it slide well without the bolt...with the bolt (and I believe I have it in alignment) it does not want to get situated on the rails. I will keep trying. Also...my folding stock does not seem to want to fold!

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The folding stocks can be "sticky" sometimes, definitely better too tight than too loose.

The BHO can be problematic, I like them personally but in an S12 in particular they have a tendency to pop up and jam the bolt. Sounds like the rear leg of the BHO spring wasn't sitting on the lever properly and forcing it up. The trick with those is to put a notch on the rear ear so the spring won't slide off easily. It's also easy to remove if you don't like it, you'll just need a spacer (washer) on the right side of the hammer.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    The BHO can be problematic, I like them personally but in an S12 in particular they have a tendency to pop up and jam the bolt.

I've only found that to be a problem when my finger has been resting on it during firing. Some people even use that method to intentionally lock the bolt open when they take a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom