• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    Just get yourself A hat with a floppy dildo mounted on it and no one will notice if your printing…..

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I am 67 and 5'8" at 180 lbs with a 34" waste. It all depends on what I am wearing. I use a shoulder holster when I wear a jacket. In the summer I wear a pocket T-shirt with a cut off sleve jean jacket as a vest and wear the shoulder holster. A shoulder holster isn't always ideal for a tactical environment, one good thing this style of concealed carry holster does provide is great positioning for those who are either driving a car or a motorcycle.

Also, I usually buy Hawian shirts which are not made to be tucked a bit longer and fit loosly. Then I wear a tucked holster in the middle of my back. Either way you cannot see I am carring. I have used and tried many holsters off the shelf and did not like any one of them. There were either too bulky, did not fit well or just out right uncomfortable. I ended up making all my holsters custom to my body build and clothing I wear. I carry Khar K40 and CM40 compact guns.

holster.jpg
    holster1.jpg

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I call bullschiff! No one under 70 hand writes anything anymore.
    Not only do I hand write A LOT... I have developed a semi-hieroglyphic note taking style (coping mechanism for being a bad speller and 9 years of higher education). There are a out 100 or so words that occur commonly in my note taking that just get replaced with short symbols... that and cursive writing means that not a lot of folks can decipher my notebook.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I would rather print with a mid-size/ compact gun that I am very proficient with, than carry a sub-compact/micro small gun that I'm less proficient with.

I don't care what people think about me printing. Those people won't save my bacon.

If someone lies, and calls 911 about me printing or brandishing, I have that covered.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not only do I hand write A LOT... I have developed a semi-hieroglyphic note taking style (coping mechanism for being a bad speller and 9 years of higher education). There are a out 100 or so words that occur commonly in my note taking that just get replaced with short symbols... that and cursive writing means that not a lot of folks can decipher my notebook.
    Ok, Mr. DaVinci, what’s in the notebook?

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Hand of fabric and print on your shirt.

How the fabric lays or drapes is important.

Wearing a shirt with a pattern helps reduce printing as well. The more inconsistent the pattern, the better.

Personally, I wear a (wicking) t shirt under a collared shirt. I tuck the t shirt to reduce any chance of chafe or rub as I tend to carry 4 o’clock and OWB. I carried a 1911 year round for many years. Now it’s pretty much 9mm. Occasionally, I’ll pocket carry a J frame depending on the venue.

Forgetting printing for a moment, you’d be surprised how many touchy feely folks tend to put their hand on your hip… Should it head toward being an issue, I quickly tell them it’s my new insulin pump (or colostomy bag) if I can’t catch them inbound/before they put said hand on hip. That usually ends the potential awkward question and or conversation.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I have to admit the "printing" thing really gets to me too. I'm painfully aware of it when I'm carrying. I try to tell myself no one notices or cares but it is still something I try hard to avoid. My, shall we say non-muscular build, doesn't help with many options. I tend to pocket carry due to the uncomfort of IWB carry. IWB is fine when standing. Sitting or riding in a car is another thing all together.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I would rather print with a mid-size/ compact gun that I am very proficient with, than carry a sub-compact/micro small gun that I'm less proficient with.

I don't care what people think about me printing. Those people won't save my bacon.

If someone lies, and calls 911 about me printing or brandishing, I have that covered.
    Exactly. Grip is the most important thing with drawing a self defense pistol. You dress around the gun. You don't micro the gun to accommodate your body.
    That being said, we still try to print as less as possible. Most anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom