• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saturnine

Jan 25, 2013
    Howdy,

I'm considering selling my Yugo Tokarev and related accessories/ammo and was wondering what a reasonable asking price would be for the lot. I haven't had a chance to use it much lately, and it might be good to put some money towards something soon to be banned.

NewGripsIII.jpg

The gun is in decent condition; it's clearly surplus, but it hasn't been abused and the inside of the barrel looks perfect. It shoots well, I've put ~1,000 rounds through it without any problems. I have the original grips as well as a set of Marschal Grips, seven magazines, the holster and cleaning rod they come with, and a sealed can of Polish ammo (1260 rounds) plus five or so boxes of the same.

Any idea what this stuff is worth these days?

Thanks.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    you might have a hard time selling it all as one package just cause its a pretty big price tag, plus you'll probably get less anyway.

classic still has the guns at $250, i think you could get around $300 for it with 2 mags and the grips.

the rest of the mags could easily sell for $25 a piece, more with time, maybe $120ish for them all as a package.

the ammo is quite valuable right now, you could probably get $500 easy out of it, there's just not a lot around.

Saturnine

Jan 25, 2013
    $500 for the ammo? I picked that up for $80 a year ago, that's insane. Please tell me the price of 7.62x54r has gone crazy too; I've got a crate of Belgian (I think) ammo I've hardly touched.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    he said he has more boxes, on top of the seal can, so it would help to know the full amount.

i assumed about 1400 rounds at around $0.35 to get approx $500 price.

remember, even if you get it online for 30 cents you got shipping too.

$0.35 per round local sale would probably go quick.

if you dont need a quick sale, you can probably get $0.50 a round on gunbroker eventually.

long term, the prices will come down. supplies are tight, tok ammo only recently dried up, but its a high demand round, so i think you'll see S&B. prvi and other companies make more affordable tok ammo soon, once the current crazy demand subsides and they get some room to breath.

and once affordable commercial ammo is available all over, the surplus will drop in price too, right now there just isnt a lot of it going around.

Saturnine

Jan 25, 2013
    I've got five and a half boxes of ammo leftover from the last spam can I had. Don't remember how many rounds are in a box though.

Thanks everyone!

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    you might have a hard time selling it all as one package just cause its a pretty big price tag, plus you'll probably get less anyway.

classic still has the guns at $250, i think you could get around $300 for it with 2 mags and the grips.

the rest of the mags could easily sell for $25 a piece, more with time, maybe $120ish for them all as a package.

the ammo is quite valuable right now, you could probably get $500 easy out of it, there's just not a lot around.

All of these numbers seem pretty on target to me - except the ammo might be more around 30cpr for a reasonable rate. 7.62x25 was selling in non-corrosive new production this week at 40cpr. Those same rounds, however, could probably GunBroker at 75cpr...

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    long term, the prices will come down. supplies are tight, tok ammo only recently dried up, but its a high demand round, so i think you'll see S&B. prvi and other companies make more affordable tok ammo soon, once the current crazy demand subsides and they get some room to breath.

and once affordable commercial ammo is available all over, the surplus will drop in price too, right now there just isnt a lot of it going around.

100% agree. In a few months, ammo will start to flow freely. 223 is already showing up in stock at the LGS.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    All of these numbers seem pretty on target to me - except the ammo might be more around 30cpr for a reasonable rate. 7.62x25 was selling in non-corrosive new production this week at 40cpr. Those same rounds, however, could probably GunBroker at 75cpr...

the affordable commercial stuff is in short supply it pops up in small amounts here and there, private sales of surplus is most of whats out there.

if its boxes like the yugo stuff there are 74 rounds to a box, so 5 and a half boxes on top of the can puts you at over 1600 rounds. so even at $0.30 its $480.

Saturnine

Jan 25, 2013
    Thanks again everyone! One last question: am I able to sell the pistol to a C&R license holder without the FFL transfer? I just moved here and don't know all the laws yet.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Thanks again everyone! One last question: am I able to sell the pistol to a C&R license holder without the FFL transfer? I just moved here and don't know all the laws yet.

My understanding is that if you acquired them under your C&R and you want to sell them to someone else who has a C&R, you can do that FOR LONG GUNS - and you should keep your bound book log up-to-date with the sale information. If you aren't a C&R holder, I would suggest you go through the MSP barracks to complete the sale.

I would, however, suggest you read over the rules for your sanity's sake - as this is just my recollection on the rules.

Seems that for handguns you have to go through MSP. Because Maryland.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    C&R is for interstate trading in firearms that fall under the C&R definitions. I believe that MD residents cannot use their license intrastate; that is, between MD residents, unless the transaction takes place outside MD. It's sort of a grey area.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    its not that you cant use the license, its just that in state C&R or no, you have to go through the MD system for handguns.

so in MD it doesnt matter who it is, you need to go to a dealer or MSP barracks to do the transfer.

outside of MD you can sell to a C&R holder no problem.

Saturnine

Jan 25, 2013
    Thanks! Do long guns work the same way? Meaning I can't order them online and have them shipped directly to me?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    its not that you cant use the license, its just that in state C&R or no, you have to go through the MD system for handguns.

QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Thanks! Do long guns work the same way? Meaning I can't order them online and have them shipped directly to me?

YOU can order and receive long guns and C&R handguns in MD. You can SELL long guns to a C&R holder in MD. You CAN NOT sell a C&R handgun to another C&R holder in MD. It has to go throough the regular transfer process, paperwork and wait. I just purchased a C&R handgun from another C&R holder in MD. and had to go through the process.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Saturnine

For a C&R handgun such as this you can sell it to someone out of state who has their Dealer FFL or C&R FFL. In Maryland in needs to go through a dealer FFL or the Maryland State Police (no C&R FFL)

Just trying to give you a simple one line answer.

As far as ordering guns, if you have your C&R FFL you can order C&R handguns from out of state or C&R rifles in or out of state and have them delivered to your front door.

FTF rifle sales (private sale) that are unregulated are fine within the state.

I know, its confusing.... welcome to Maryland.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom