• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    So my PPQ was working perfectly, therefore I decided to take it apart for no reason:sad20:

It seems like the slide lock is coming up with very little force now. It even activates halfway through a magazine.

It will also lock the slide back when the gun is empty, no mag, trigger fired with no reset and the slide is cycled all the way to the back (I can't remember if that is normal).

Anyone have a clue what I did wrong (other than the obvious)? The slide lock levers on both sides of the pistol appear flush, nothing sticking out or at weird angles. Trigger feels the same.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Does the slide lock have a spring that's supposed to apply tension to it? If so the spring may not be captured correctly. I experienced the same symptoms after working on one of my Glocks. The spring was supposed to be hooked under one of the pins in the frame. When I reassembled it I thought the spring was hooked but it popped out at the last second and I didn't see it. As I said, when I went to the range I experienced the Exact same symptoms you are.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    it sounds like when you reassembled it, the slide lock spring was not placed on top of the tab on the slide lock itself. The spring should be putting pressure down on the slide lock.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    After careful review, there is a metal rod that has to ride over the top of the lever. I think I just gorilla'd the lever in without even bothering to notice it. Thanks for the replies. What confused me was I didnt see any obvious (spiral) spring, so other than the lever not being completely inserted I wasn't sure what else could be the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom