• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Ammo Jon and then usually Target Sports for stuff AJ doesn’t carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Shoutout to AmmoJon here, and agree with sgammo for what Jon doesn't carry.

For anti-personnel ammunition for obscure calibers, I've gone to Buffalo Bore for such things as .455 Webley and .44 special. They make low-flash loads maximised for short-barreled revolvers as well. Not cheap.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I will second Ammo Jon, a great guy to deal with and his prices are really hard to beat.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I can't remember what vendor it was. I just went in and saw a table that was selling ammo. I got 500 rounds of 9 mm for $151, plus the $9 it cost to go to the gun show.

I’m guessing that was carry ammo, not range ammo?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I can't remember what vendor it was. I just went in and saw a table that was selling ammo. I got 500 rounds of 9 mm for $151, plus the $9 it cost to go to the gun show.
    Ouch,, thats .32/rnd,, hoping that was not FMJ range ammo?

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    (another?) Shout out for Rogers Sporting Goods

Free shipping over $99 and don’t know how they do it but, their delivery times (to WNC anyway) border on fantastical!

Getting ready to order half a dozen flats of the Gun Clubs for sporting clays, will be interesting to see how fast they get them to SW FL … (can’t buy them for this price in a WM and delivered to our door!)

Last edited:

mikey10

May 8, 2022
    Laurel, MD
    That’s about average for online prices, it’s not brutal but it’s not an awesome deal.
    I'll admit, I haven't looked all over for ammo. You can get 50 rounds of 9 mm FMJ ammo at Bass Pro Shop for about $20 which comes up to $.40/round, and I check out gunbroker.com prices in which are not much better. Also, I was looking for something that cost no more than $.35/round after adding all the charges such as shipping, taxes, etc. so I thought that $.32/round was a pretty good deal. It's nice to know after reading the posts here that I could have done better, and I need to shop around some more.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I'll admit, I haven't looked all over for ammo. You can get 50 rounds of 9 mm FMJ ammo at Bass Pro Shop for about $20 which comes up to $.40/round, and I check out gunbroker.com prices in which are not much better. Also, I was looking for something that cost no more than $.35/round after adding all the charges such as shipping, taxes, etc. so I thought that $.32/round was a pretty good deal. It's nice to know after reading the posts here that I could have done better, and I need to shop around some more.

24cpr and free shipping if you spend $125. Every order I've placed with them has been at my door in 3 days. Can't beat that.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Thanks for the tip! Just ordered 1k and no tax.
    You're welcome.
    Subscribe to their email newsletter and they'll send you current sale items. The ammo in the link above just went off sale and went up by $1/box. You have to act quickly when they send an email, but they continuously run deals on all common calibers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom