• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustCallMeDad

Oct 8, 2021
    I normally look for whatever’s available and cheapest on ammoseek for range ammo, and for SD ammo i tend to buy from the MD firearm shows as you tend to find pretty good deals there.

Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton

Attachments

• leb127vel.jpg
      leb127vel.jpg
      17.3 KB · Views: 184

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I didn't have a 9mm prior to Covid, so I don't remember what ammo costs were then. Been waiting for ammo cost to decline. Now I see 'CCI Blazer 9mm 115gr FMJ - $315 per 1000rd Case'. Is that similar to pre-covid pricing, or do I keep waiting? Thanks!

I was in the same boat. Went over a year not being able to find .38 it still seems to be about $30/50. 9mm $20/50. .45 was $35/50 now $30/50. .380 was also about $30/50 now finding it regularly at less than $30/50.

Shipping included is important. Figure I don't have to spend $10+ to make a special trip.

Midway and Bass Pro are my not very creative resources. When the brick and mortar has it, and it's competitively priced, and I happen to be there, I buy.

Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    the Chantilly Gun shows had some OK pricing, depended on how much you bought. Could find 115gr brass 9mm for $275-$330/1000 if you looked around and were not picky on brand.

Other than that, i've had a REALLY hard time finding 9mm for $15/50 or less.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Global Ordnance has free shipping right now on cases of ammo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014-124145_Yahoo Mail.jpg
      Screenshot_20221014-124145_Yahoo Mail.jpg
      139 KB · Views: 120

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    natchezss.com has some killer deals
    i can get CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr FMJ for $5.25/box if i buy bulk (10 or more boxes). this is what i use for practice. it's as cheap as going to walmart to get WWB, except it's no where near as filthy.

i think i'm gonna start saving my brass so one day i can teach myself to reload and save even more money.
    You also cant buy 9mm at Walmart any longer as they stopped selling handgun ammo a couple years ago as well as as what they deem short barrel rifle ammo, aka .223 , 556, and similar evil calibers. Other rifle calibers as well as shotgun ammo is still available, for now.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    natchezss.com has some killer deals
    i can get CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr FMJ for $5.25/box if i buy bulk (10 or more boxes). this is what i use for practice. it's as cheap as going to walmart to get WWB, except it's no where near as filthy.

i think i'm gonna start saving my brass so one day i can teach myself to reload and save even more money.

I save my brass, but I take it to a recycler and get money to buy more ammo.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Palmetto Armory has some good deals on 9mm. $.25 per round with free shipping. .45 cal for .30/round. Rebates involved to get that pricing.

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    Bereli has some pretty good deals on 9mm ammo. I just bought 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer 124gr. FMJ 9mm for $285, and 1000 rounds of Federal American Eagle 124gr. for $300. Delivery was very quick for the ammo I just bought - I believe it arrived about 2 - 3 days after I placed the order. And they always have free shipping with no minimum.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Ammo Jon or SGAmmo.
    I agree with the above. I get what AmmoJon has and go to SGAmmo for the kind of ammo that he does not have. I live in Montgomery County and SGAmmo has not given me any problems about shipping. I've heard that some online retailers will not ship ammo to MoCo.

Cal68

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Didn't go through all 30 pages but since there's a thread on the decline of gun shows, has anyone on this thread mentioned them as their favorite source of ammo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom