• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    In the dark part of a parking lot, backed in against a wall, no less….

MDS has been great for that sort of thing. Covert meetups in parking lots with people you've never met, cash and interesting/dangerous goods changing hands.

It keeps me young.

Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton
    I didn't have a 9mm prior to Covid, so I don't remember what ammo costs were then. Been waiting for ammo cost to decline. Now I see 'CCI Blazer 9mm 115gr FMJ - $315 per 1000rd Case'. Is that similar to pre-covid pricing, or do I keep waiting? Thanks!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I didn't have a 9mm prior to Covid, so I don't remember what ammo costs were then. Been waiting for ammo cost to decline. Now I see 'CCI Blazer 9mm 115gr FMJ - $315 per 1000rd Case'. Is that similar to pre-covid pricing, or do I keep waiting? Thanks!

This is a screenshot of my last order of 9mm. This price was for 1K rounds. I believe this price remained the same through 2019 until Covid hit.

Attachments

• 84F72CF5-06EA-4EF4-960E-DBD108438171.jpg
      84F72CF5-06EA-4EF4-960E-DBD108438171.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 358

In our current situation, that is a very good price- unless shipping is $$$. Three years ago, that price was quite high.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

That price is competitive today. And unless you have a time machine, yesterday's price doesn't matter. I can remember 29 cent gasoline. I'd have been walking for many a year now, waiting for that price to return.

I think you put a quantity that you're comfortable with on the shelf. That way you have ammo, without which your pistol is no more than an expensive paperweight. And you can pick and choose how and when and if to use that ammo. Then, if prices drop, you can add a bit more to your base stock at a time, and average in the lower costs.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I would buy that. Last case of Blazer I got from Targetsportsusa in 7/19 and was $170 shipped. I doubt we will see that again. Been buying when decent Stuff right under $16/50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland

That price is competitive today. And unless you have a time machine, yesterday's price doesn't matter. I can remember 29 cent gasoline. I'd have been walking for many a year now, waiting for that price to return.

I think you put a quantity that you're comfortable with on the shelf. That way you have ammo, without which your pistol is no more than an expensive paperweight. And you can pick and choose how and when and if to use that ammo. Then, if prices drop, you can add a bit more to your base stock at a time, and average in the lower costs.

Even if production has gone back to full swing, I think best price we may see in the future is $225-$260

A lot of prices have raised 10-30% from inflation. Lead and brass especially.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    My neighbor said his son is an Ammo distributor. Im seeing if I can get hooked up from the source.

Honey for Ammo. :innocent0:cool:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    My neighbor said his son is an Ammo distributor. Im seeing if I can get hooked up from the source.

Honey for Ammo. :innocent0:cool:

Buying a pallet of 223/556 might get the MD National Guard knocking at your door.

For donations of course. :D

JKM525

Feb 7, 2022
    gun.deals is always my go to just because you can compare a ton of sites prices. Unfortunately they're just not always updated.

Ptreece

Dec 27, 2020
    Parkville
    Wait, WHAT?!?

Damn. I'm jealous. I'd do all kinds of things for 10 cent/round carbine ammo!

That was right when the pandemic started and prices went up. This small shop owner is a really good guy. He also had some large rifle primers in the back and sold me a box cheap.

Attachments

• 20210204_125907.jpg
      20210204_125907.jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 339

Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton
    [Kev308];6557749 said:
    Even if production has gone back to full swing, I think best price we may see in the future is $225-$260

A lot of prices have raised 10-30% from inflation. Lead and brass especially.
    Thanks for that, makes sense.

Just today I see this from Velocity Ammunition Sales:

9mm - TulAmmo 115 Grain FMJ 1000 Round Case $275.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom