• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCR21

Jan 15, 2016
    Special order ammo at a local gun store?

I'm looking to order some Underwood ammo, but I live with roommates I rather not 'freak' out if they discover a big box of ammo on the doorstep.

I was wondering if it was weird to ask a LGS to special order some ammo for me to come pick up at their shop. I've special ordered guns before, so don't see why not.

Those that have, what do LGSs normally charge for the trouble, or how much should I offer to pay on top of price & shipping?

Thank you

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I'm looking to order some Underwood ammo, but I live with roommates I rather not 'freak' out if they discover a big box of ammo on the doorstep.

I was wondering if it was weird to ask a LGS to special order some ammo for me to come pick up at their shop. I've special ordered guns before, so don't see why not.

Those that have, what do LGSs normally charge for the trouble, or how much should I offer to pay on top of price & shipping?

Thank you

If your roommate's would freak out about a box of ammo, they wouldn't know what a case of ammo was unless you told them. most places will also offer an option to over box the ammo so it is just a plane cardboard box with the ORM-D sticker on it. just my 2c

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the old ORM-D stickers still say small arms ammunition and they are good until 2020. i think Underwood uses the new labels but maybe call and check first.

shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    I've been ordering from ammunitiontogo.com, their shipping costs (from TX) are a little high but not as bad as J&G sales.

I reload all my own centerfire ammo. But......I placed an order for .44mag from Ammunition to Go a couple years ago. They screwed up the order and sent me .44spl by mistake. They fixed their error and made things right. It could have been a very bad experience, but their customer service was OUTSTANDING. They fixed the problem immediately.

This was the only internet factory centerfire ammo purchase I've made in about 8 years. I do purchase rimfire occasionally online and use Ammofast out of Florida or Palmetto State Armory in South Carolina. I purchase my self defense ammo locally in small quantities.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    May be "whoever has some/any" before too long.

Anyone for some 15cpr .22????
    I'll stick with the 17 cpr stuff. :D

spg_3_gun_email_e625r_061316E_05.jpg

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    Are there other companies like www.freedommunitions.com out there that I don't know about?

It seems everyone else sells ammo made by others. Freedom munitions seems to sell (mostly) the ammo that they make.

I've fired a lot of their ammo and don't have an issue with it, but I'm wondering if other companies like theirs exist.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I had my first bad experience with Freedom Munitions this month. I ordered 9mm and 45 acp ammo from them on the 12th. 10 days later, I call them because I didn't get my usual shipped email. Representative checked on my order. She then says there's no reason it should have shipped. She said she would call down to shipping and make sure it went out that day. 4 days go by and still no confirmation of shipping email. I call again and I'm told the exact same thing. So I question why it didn't ship due to my last call. She said she wasn't sure. I told her to make sure it ships that day. She assured me it would. Today I still have not received an email, so a 3rd call. Can you believe they tell me EXACTLY the same story. I tell them to cancel my order and they've lost a customer for good. They made no attempt to make it right, they just cancelled the order and that was it.

I wouldn't have complained except I placed the order because their webpage said this ammo was in stock. There were others that were out of stock, so I made sure to buy what was in stock. Then to have lied to me 3 separate times. What did they think I was going to do. I know my $1200 order probably wasn't their largest order, but it's not a box or two. 18 days is plenty of time to ship in stock ammo, if it actually was in stock.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I had my first bad experience with Freedom Munitions this month. I ordered 9mm and 45 acp ammo from them on the 12th. 10 days later, I call them because I didn't get my usual shipped email. Representative checked on my order. She then says there's no reason it should have shipped. She said she would call down to shipping and make sure it went out that day. 4 days go by and still no confirmation of shipping email. I call again and I'm told the exact same thing. So I question why it didn't ship due to my last call. She said she wasn't sure. I told her to make sure it ships that day. She assured me it would. Today I still have not received an email, so a 3rd call. Can you believe they tell me EXACTLY the same story. I tell them to cancel my order and they've lost a customer for good. They made no attempt to make it right, they just cancelled the order and that was it.

I wouldn't have complained except I placed the order because their webpage said this ammo was in stock. There were others that were out of stock, so I made sure to buy what was in stock. Then to have lied to me 3 separate times. What did they think I was going to do. I know my $1200 order probably wasn't their largest order, but it's not a box or two. 18 days is plenty of time to ship in stock ammo, if it actually was in stock.

Same problem except I placed my order on the 13th, 9mm. I called 3 times within 4 days of each other. Same story allot of people are ordering and were behind.
    Well today I got an email that it is in progress what ever that means. They billed my CC today.
    The web site says the are behind 5 to 7 days. At that rate I should have had 3 orders shipped to my house.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Local shops around the metro area.

And in case this is unknown, Lucky Gunner, because of their Lawsuit; Brady Vs. Lucky Gunner.

While it is not yet clear when the $111,971.10 fee reimbursement will be paid, we are going to donate 100% of what is recovered to groups that support and defend the 2nd Amendment.

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016

I always order from them well ahead of time... it is always worth the wait. Nice ammo for a good price.

I'm more than likely going to put in a large order as well, if there are specials over the 4th of july. I don't expect fast shipping but I have a good stock of ammo already. I ran some of their ball and now think it is okay to shoot, no issues in my glocks (which I knew there would not be, but you have to test on a small batch).

The order put in on 6/20 should be here 7/5, according to UPS.

Yea, I'm stocking up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom