• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    LOL. I would’ve spent hours exploring routes and options; an excel table wouldn’t be off the table

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    montana prison ranch.jpg

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    The potential problem of a Medical discharge in box 24 is it can encompass everything from the mundane and unrelated things like diabetes, hearing loss, blindness, or a few missing fingers but also can be applied to TBI’s, PTSD, depression, anxiety, emotional inability to adapt to military life, or a host of other unpleasant emotional and psychological maladies.

Similar to a General discharge which in the post 9/11 military can indicate a separation from military duty to skirt a courts martial or other disciplinary actions.

I’m looking at a 2011 DD214 right now that states Retirement in box 23 and Honorable in box 24 for someone who spent <six years active duty and was medically retired before the end of enlistment obligations.

Last edited:

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Another question: how does an honorable DD214 qualify one to know anything about a handgun, its use, its operation, or how to quickly and accurately use it when hundreds of thousands of men and women in this country went through USAF and Navy basic training and never touched a handgun or qualified with one?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Another question: how does an honorable DD214 qualify one to know anything about a handgun, it’s use, its operation, or how to quickly and accurately use it when hundreds of thousands of men and women in this country went through USAF and Navy basic training and never touched a handgun or qualified with one?
    It doesn't. There should be no exceptions. It's classism. The Left loves to hate LEO but create exemptions for them in case they need to use them sometime

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It doesn't. There should be no exceptions. It's classism. The Left loves to hate LEO but create exemptions for them in case they need to use them sometime
    Then why does an active LEO have to wait 7 days to pick up a personal pistol purchase? Literally walks into a gun shop in uniform carrying an issued pistol to buy one and still has to wait for it? Doesn't sound like "classism" to me. And if it is, then I want a do over.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Then why does an active LEO have to wait 7 days to pick up a personal pistol purchase? Literally walks into a gun shop in uniform carrying an issued pistol to buy one and still has to wait for it? Doesn't sound like "classism" to me. And if it is, then I want a do over.
    I didn't even know that. Then it's even less logical because it's inconsistent.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    How difficult is to fill out for the permit, I'm seeing the school's charging for help to fill it out. Is that really necessary?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    How difficult is to fill out for the permit, I'm seeing the school's charging for help to fill it out. Is that really necessary?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Also don't fall for the passport photo. You can use a free state dept app, Silencer Shop app, or the properly cropped selfie against a plain background.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Also don't fall for the passport photo. You can use a free state dept app, Silencer Shop app, or the properly cropped selfie against a plain background.

Pre Bruen , there was an art form to wording an App , now not really .

* Even pre Bruen , you could have gotten excellent advice from MSI as a Member .

Added - Opps , seem to have quoted the wrong quote .

On this topic - If a class includes Photo in class price , no reason not to . But worst case if you're a tech klutz , $10-20 for passport photos is less than fast food lunch for two .

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Pre Bruen , there was an art form to wording an App , now not really .

* Even pre Bruen , you could have gotten excellent advice from MSI as a Member .

Added - Opps , seem to have quoted the wrong quote .

On this topic - If a class includes Photo in class price , no reason not to . But worst case if you're a tech klutz , $10-20 for passport photos is less than fast food lunch for two .
    What you upload is not a printed photo. It is literally a selfie against a plain background.

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    Another question: how does an honorable DD214 qualify one to know anything about a handgun, its use, its operation, or how to quickly and accurately use it when hundreds of thousands of men and women in this country went through USAF and Navy basic training and never touched a handgun or qualified with one?
    It doesn’t.

I’m assuming it’s more about understanding firearms safety, being able to quickly understand the basic operations of a firearm, having experience with carrying a firearm.

Pistol, rifle, AT4… all the same rules and concepts apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom