• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • provvv

Jan 29, 2017
    Baltimore County
    I’ve been getting that error all day, I think I got it changed but now it keeps logging me out instantly “session timed out”
    I was just going to ask if anyone else was getting an error. My p/w and username are autosaved for this website and I just logged in yesterday. Now it's not working. I'm going to leave it alone for now, instead of re-setting, so I don't end up getting my username caught up in some type of backlog or in this case, purgatory. I'm guessing it'll be cleared up soon enough.

Superman

Jun 10, 2020
    If I'm requesting a modification to remove restrictions on my current permit , will I need to provide references and employment info again? Or do they just need a reason.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Hmmm, I'm not sure I read that as an exclusive list of approved providers but it very well could be. That list did provide me a couple other local options at a little less than premium pricing. ;-/

Unfortunately, as a care provider for a family member I can only get away Thursday's and Friday's so scheduling for two 8 hour classes might make this moot for me. Seems a shame I wait this long for the opportunity and now I'm my own Frosh.
    It will take some research on your part, but search the MSP site for instructors near you.

Maybe you can find one who can break up the class into several smaller sessions:

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    If I'm requesting a modification to remove restrictions on my current permit , will I need to provide references and employment info again? Or do they just need a reason.
    no additional references or employment.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Folks: MSP's application portal is up and running. BUT, the automatic messaging system from MSP to applicants is down. I have been personally assured that they are working to fix it and MSP has every reason to believe that it will be up soon. I have no reason to doubt it. So if you apply but don't hear back from MSP, just hang in there. Until fixed, you won't be able to change your password. The MSP is posting updates on its website at https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision.aspx

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    8 days and still lacking notification of "acceptance", or lack thereof, for my application.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I saw someone upstream was at 24000 ish... WOWSER!

"There's really not much interest in carry permits..." AG Brian Frosh.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I wonder how this will play out. It sounds like Ma has a lot of the same bs we do with applications and most were addressed in this letter.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I heard through the grapevine today that MSP is to assume that restrictions such as "while on official duties" or "while employed with X employer" should not be enforced and that it wasn't necessary to ask for permit restriction removals. IANAL, however, and this does come secondhand. I've no source to cite. Apparently FFLs got the call today mentioning it.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I heard through the grapevine today that MSP is to assume that restrictions such as "while on official duties" or "while employed with X employer" should not be enforced and that it wasn't necessary to ask for permit restriction removals. IANAL, however, and this does come secondhand. I've no source to cite. Apparently FFLs got the call today mentioning it.
    Until the law that treats breach of restrictions as criminal offenses is repealed, the law enforcement has to enforce the law.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    “This mustache makes me look dashing”
    - also AG Brian Frosh.

IMG_0316.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I’m more than happy to pay my $10 to have my employment restriction removed and be issued a replacement, CLEAN permit. No questions or issues now or in the future.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    We are advised by the State Police that everything is now fixed and up and running. Let me know if anyone has problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom