• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    Wait - UPS does Livescan prints now? For $25????

That's an interesting one. Looks to be offered by PrintScan through UPS stores. The PrintScan appointment page offers 10 options to choose from. Unless you can choose ATF, FBI or Archive options I'm not sure where our needs as a MD resident CCW would fit.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's an interesting one. Looks to be offered by PrintScan through UPS stores. The PrintScan appointment page offers 10 options to choose from. Unless you can choose ATF, FBI or Archive options I'm not sure where our needs as a MD resident CCW would fit.
    Archive could potentially be used for NFA stuff?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    FINALLY GREW SOME BALLS
    Even bigger balls considering he said in his statement that he's always supported our 2nd amendment rights. LOL, yeah right. This just goes to show two things,
    1) He could've done this years ago when he got into office.
    2) The AG's office lied years back when they said the Governor couldn't do this.
    It's about time although he should've done it the day after the SCOTUS decision and not waited.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    my 0.02, attach Bruen anyway.

that way, if you need to request an OAH hearing, it's in the record.
    No need to attach Bruen anymore. And the OAH hearing is de novo by law, which means you can introduce new evidence then. I recommend just following their instructions in the Advisory.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    No need to attach Bruen anymore. And the OAH hearing is de novo by law, which means you can introduce new evidence then. I recommend just following their instructions in the Advisory.
    thank you sir for all the amazing work.

:rockon:

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I guess all the mad mommies clinging to Fat Larry's ball sack dropped off when he finally dropped that memo.
    Hope they all get rotten crotch.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    I checked and UPS doesn't appear on the LD Fingerprints page.

ETA: Prices for scans are also given there:
    https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...nBureau/LicensingDivision/Fingerprinting.aspx
    Hmmm, I'm not sure I read that as an exclusive list of approved providers but it very well could be. That list did provide me a couple other local options at a little less than premium pricing. ;-/

Unfortunately, as a care provider for a family member I can only get away Thursday's and Friday's so scheduling for two 8 hour classes might make this moot for me. Seems a shame I wait this long for the opportunity and now I'm my own Frosh.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Hmmm, I'm not sure I read that as an exclusive list of approved providers but it very well could be. That list did provide me a couple other local options at a little less than premium pricing. ;-/

Unfortunately, as a care provider for a family member I can only get away Thursday's and Friday's so scheduling for two 8 hour classes might make this moot for me. Seems a shame I wait this long for the opportunity and now I'm my own Frosh.
    Can you get Respite Care for the class periods?

SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    Can you get Respite Care for the class periods?
    Appreciate the reply!

We've always stubbornly been of the "only family can properly take care of family" ilk, absolutely a stupid stance, I know. Too many people are well aware a break can be beneficial for all. You may have spurred me to rethink. ;-) In the meantime, I may be able to selfishly work on some out-of-state family, timing will be the challenge.

If anyone gets confirmation either way with regard to UPS/PrintScan elegibility I hope it get's posted. I know I'll do some checking tomorrow.

SpatialD

Aug 8, 2015
    Temple Hills
    THE FBI charges 13 fee for prints. MD CJIS charges an additional 18. The place I went in Westminster (Absolute Investigations) charged me an additional 34 dollars

So 25 sounds like a good deal if you can find a provider for that price. Remember they have to be on the authorized provider list

Ahh, Ok. So that is a definitive list.

The local for me that I checked on that list was about the same as your experience at about $65. I seem to recall going to MSP for my HQL and paying $80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom