• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Well, just because Hogan says "change how you do this" doesn't mean that MSP won't say, "OK, we'll get on that. We have to hire a contractor to update the server-side software we're using to process these applications." Or some such. Obviously they can just throw a paragraph up on the MSP web site explaining how to use the existing process without actually doing the G&S, but someone will find that to be too vague or hard to find or something. The application process needs to be crystal clear IN LINE during the process. That should be a minor tweak, technology-wise, but you know that any change to the online form/process - even an obvious one like just directed - will have to be approved by some legal team who have no personal interest in expediency. But given how long we've waited, so what. Glad to see Hogan taking the reins from Frosh on this. Hope it hurts Frosh's feelings in deep, personal places.
    Msp has a press release advising how to apply, choose personal protection, no documents required

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Plan on joining MSI and scheduling my 16hr class soon but going to hold off on the application till someone gets approved for self defense or Maryland at-least comes back as a shall issue state. Afraid of getting denied and having my Florida revoked because of the denial.
    When I had my interview I asked about that specifcally and they said if you didn't have a a valid reason it was not considered a denial.

Nick81

Sep 26, 2019
    Quick question, if you have never had a HQL, would you stll need one if approved for a CCW ? Thanks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks. I never got my HQL because I didn't agree with it.
    It will be interesting to see if the post-Bruen courts do....

I got mine because I had a carry permit. I also wanted to keep buying guns.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Appears the portal is broken, while I was on earlier checking on my application to remove restrictions, there are long delays in the portal responding now and none of my applications are shown, even those previously approved. Hopefully the MSP site just could not handle the traffic...

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Appears the portal is broken, while I was on earlier checking on my application to remove restrictions, there are long delays in the portal responding now and none of my applications are shown, even those previously approved. Hopefully the MSP site just could not handle the traffic...
    Probably trying to a fast update to remove the G&S stuff. Or just slammed.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Who is they?
    Did MSP release a new bulletin based on Hogan's statement?
    1657047181059.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom