• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Ok all of this is a bit daunting. I have an HQL what exactly do I need to do other then fill out the form. Do I need to go to the training class.
    16 hours training,
    Finger Prints,
    Fill out the application.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Ok all of this is a bit daunting. I have an HQL what exactly do I need to do other then fill out the form. Do I need to go to the training class.

Find everything here:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I submitted 2 hours after the ruling. All I needed was prints. I am a veteran so no training required.

I was one of the original 365 back in 2013.

Schadenfreude indeed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The clock is now ticking for the MSP. They have 90 days to issue you a permit, per 5-312.

In the open call with 2A MD, 1SGt Pickle mentioned all applications self-defense applications.

Hopefully, we will some movement in Whalen soon.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I have an HQL what exactly do I need to do other then fill out the form. Do I need to go to the training class.
    Yes.

The law requires a 16 hour class taught by a QHIC instructor, to include qualifying on the pistol range.

You may be exempt from training if you are a veteran, or have completed a police or corrections officer academy.

After completing the training, have your fingerprints done at a MD livescan provider, and have a passport style photo ready to upload into the application.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    Question for anyone of the 365 from 2013: When you submitted your app, did you get a "Submitted" email and an "Accepted" email? Was it even online at the time?

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    I ask because I think it is odd that they are holding them after accepting them. Why not hold them at submitted?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Question for anyone of the 365 from 2013: When you submitted your app, did you get a "Submitted" email and an "Accepted" email? Was it even online at the time?
    Nothing was on line back then. Only communications I got were one telephone call from the "interviewing trooper" ("forget that I called, per Pikesville I don't need to talk to you because you lack g&s") and the final disposition letter before being laughed at during the HPRB hearing with then-Del Smigiel as my attorney.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It wasn't online 9 years ago, all done with paper.

Buzz826

Sep 15, 2018
    1- Start out by logging in here... https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MSPBridgeClient/#/home
    2- Click on " Start HGP"
    3- Fill out the application noting the following before submitting is possible:
    ..A- You need to have Livescan fingerprints done to add the Livescan PCN # and upload receipt.
    ..B- You have to take the 16hr Wear & Carry class and upload the documents, or be training exempt (DD214, et al)
    ..C- You need passport photos (can be done at home)
    4- Under "Handgun Permit Category", choose "Personal Protection, Category Not Listed Above".
    5- When questioned about reason, add self-defense based upon The SCOTUS ruling on 6/23/2022
    6- Under Upload Documents for Personal Protection, upload a copy of this-- https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf
    Everything else is a matter of attention to details.
    New Jersey officially went Shall Issue the day after the SCOTUS ruling and it is just a matter of time before Maryland is forced to comply as well.

ETA- California also went shall issue the day after the SCOTUS ruling. Maryland can't hold off for long.
    Ok will this work Or is Maryland still holding out for the good and substantial reasoning?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Ok will this work Or is Maryland still holding out for the good and substantial reasoning?
    They are not, and cannot hold out to continue with G&S, but they can try to drag out an official movement to drop it, and they (our legislative overlords) will certainly attempt to do what NY/CA is trying, making carrying more miserable in other ways. Join and support MSI, there’s more work to do.

Roro

Jun 26, 2022
    Md
    Is a laser ok for the ccw live fire test? And I'm rolo. But I can't get into that account so I started this one.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Is a laser ok for the ccw live fire test? And I'm rolo. But I can't get into that account so I started this one.
    Sgt pickle said no must be live ammo, but there are places that advertise sims as ok. Might get ugly for those who take that course if it ever gets found out to not be ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom