• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noylj

Jun 3, 2012
    I only shoot cast lead SWCs or JHPs.
    I find the plated bullets I tried over the past 10 years are a waste of money (unless 6-10" groups at 15 yards is good enough).
    If new, start with real jacketed bullets from Precision Delta. Jacketed are easiest to load and almost always most accurate.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Disclaimer: I shoot for team Bayou

I absolutely love the 147gr Bayou Bullet. It feeds in everything I shoot, there is no leading in my barrels and they have been more accurate than all the plated bullets I have tried. I shoot a lot and have over 40K of them through my G34 without issue. The only issue I see people have is when they over crimp the bullet. If you break through the hi-tek coating you are basically now shooting lead and have all the problems associated with lead such as excessive smoke, leading and if really over crimped accuracy can suffer as well.

I agree with all of the above. I only shoot bayous now. And since they came out with the 135grn bullet weight I have never been happier with the performance of my ammo especially in competition. Ordering is great too. All my orders have shipped same day.

Plus you get a choice of 3 colors. Not that it matters but it's just a nice extra touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom