• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Hey MonkeyPunch, your points are flawed. You were the one to bring up post count, so I suggested that you might consider content over frequency before making insinuations. I didn't come on this thread to make a first impression, but thanks anyway for the pompous life lesson. I was appalled by how Yingpin and his father mishandled the situation. I didn't make any assumptions beyond the sparse details he offered. He did present it as an unfortunate event, but he did not indicate any lessons learned. I still don't believe there was nothing they could've done in the hour that the buck suffered. THAT is what I was reacting to.

As for my "ridiculous and stupid" suggestions, go back and read my posts. Nowhere did I suggest stabbing and slicing by hand. You and Yingpin ASSumed that, and those are your words. When I brought up the spear, you concurred.

If I came off as an ass, so be it, I can live with that. I will end with one last suggestion: Given all your wisdom pertaining how to avoid being a sanctimonious ass, you might heed your own advice!

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Aw crybabies, I started this thread so I give props to this post:
    A police officer arrived. He asked the woman if she was alright. He looked at a battered deer, a guy holding a rifle, and another guy covered in blood holding a mallet. He said that he didn't need to get involved and drove off.
    You gotta say, thread win!

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Hey MonkeyPunch, your points are flawed.
    Alright, let's go through what you wrote and see if you're correct:

6Den said:
    You were the one to bring up post count, so I suggested that you might consider content over frequency before making insinuations.
    I bought up post-count because you were (and are) acting like a spoiled know-it-all brat; considering your lack of frequent posting and the malicious content of your posts, my comment makes sense. I firmly stand behind my initial impression of your character, until you prove otherwise.

6Den said:
    thanks anyway for the pompous life lesson
    You talk down to someone because you think you're better than them, and I'm the pompous one? The next time someone calls you out on a bad idea (it was a bad idea) maybe you'll wrap up your ego and act like a grown-up.

6Den said:
    He did present it as an unfortunate event, but he did not indicate any lessons learned.
    He said it was a horrible experience and explained how they handled it; seems to me that it left an impression on him and he learned a lesson.

6Den said:
    I still don't believe there was nothing they could've done in the hour that the buck suffered. THAT is what I was reacting to.
    This is a fair response; I agree with you that they could've done something in that time-frame. That said, Yingpin didn't boast or try to play off the experience; instead it seemed apparent that his father was a flustered mess and the two of them had to figure out what to do. They were unprepared (physically and mentally) and the buck payed the price. Yet we don't know the whole situation: wounded animals are dangerous, and we have no way of knowing if it was strong enough to gore them had they not worked together to kill it. What I'm reacting to is your suggestion of a dangerous course of action for dealing with a wounded buck. It would be unethical for me not to "police our[own]" ie your dangerous suggestion.

6Den said:
    go back and read my posts. Nowhere did I suggest stabbing and slicing by hand.
    If you're going to lie, at least make it believable (ie - I can't just go back and directly quote your own posts):
    Did he run out of sharp, pointy objects in his quiver?
    When this happens, do your damnedest to put the animal out of its misery. Yes, even if it means stabbing it with an arrow. Isn't that what he tried to kill it with in the first place?

Also, I never mentioned the "arrow-stabbing method" until after you brought it up as the correct course of action given their situation. Yingpin introduced the idea to mock your rude attitude, and then you seized upon it as right simply because you couldn't forgive him for his mistake. I pointed out it was a bad idea, and then you felt the need to start sh*t with me. Grow up.

6Den said:
    I will end with one last suggestion: Given all your wisdom pertaining how to avoid being a sanctimonious ass, you might heed your own advice!

Given the quality of your posts, I'd think that people should be cautious about following your advice.:innocent0

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    images

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    It is a sad sight to see a still living spine shot deer. In my own bow hunting instance with such a sad occurrence with an 8 point whitetail that I spinal hit.

I went up to the buck --- looked into his eyes --- an told him that I was sorry... then drew my bow and released my arrow into both of his lungs.
    When he died...I prayed to God, and thanked him for my harvest.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    but I like the whole knifing idea ..
    kinda touchy feely...

Yeah, all touchy feely until that deer kicks you in the head.

Simple answer, take better shots and practice more. There have been very few deer still breathing by the time I got to them, and a head shot took care of those that were still breathing. If I was going to die and had to choose between a knife in the chest and being shot in the head, I would take the shot to the head.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Yeah, all touchy feely until that deer kicks you in the head.

Simple answer, take better shots and practice more. There have been very few deer still breathing by the time I got to them, and a head shot took care of those that were still breathing. If I was going to die and had to choose between a knife in the chest and being shot in the head, I would take the shot to the head.

:thumbsup:Ive said knife to the brain..but basically That's what ive been saying!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom