• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    No they wouldn't because they don't keep a copy of your photo on file. All they have is a permit number and your personal info, but no picture.
    This seems really ridiculous. I am not questioning the validity of your statement, it just seems like such a wasted data opportunity for MSP. Good grief, how many empty casings did they store for ultimately no reason? A couple GB's of photos seems to me like a no-brainer :shrug:

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    I just assume the moment i get my wear and carry the mga will do something to revoke it.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    This is a pet peeve of mine and I try to educate when the opportunity arises because it is so often misused.

Jive: (pretty sure we weren't looking to get down and boogie)
    1. a lively style of dance popular especially in the 1940s and 1950s, performed to swing music or rock and roll.
    2. a form of slang associated with black American jazz musicians.

Jibe: (this is the one you want)
    1. be in accord : AGREE — usually used with a story that doesn't jibe with the facts.

Gibe:
    1. to utter taunting words.
    2. to deride or tease with taunting words - boxers gibing each other before a fight.
    Perhaps I can help. I speak jive.
    Gotta use the moving pictures.

I'm pretty sure Elaine said shuck and jive with one of her dances but couldn't find it. Did I get pwned by the science?

I love how the news media is already jumping to conclusions about wear and carry permits causing incidents like this. My suspicions is that the suspect does not have a permit ... (I may be wrong).

I have nothing of substance to contribute until Scooby solves this. So much for many speculating the end of W&C because of this guy.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    This is a pet peeve of mine and I try to educate when the opportunity arises because it is so often misused.

Jive: (pretty sure we weren't looking to get down and boogie)

1. a lively style of dance popular especially in the 1940s and 1950s, performed to swing music or rock and roll.
    2. a form of slang associated with black American jazz musicians.

Jibe: (this is the one you want)
    1. be in accord : AGREE — usually used with a story that doesn't jibe with the facts.

Gibe:
    1. to utter taunting words.
    2. to deride or tease with taunting words - boxers gibing each other before a fight.
    Or perhaps it is just a simple typographical error? On my keyboard the v and b are in close proximity which could result in an mistaken key strike error which because both jibe and jive are legitimate words a spell check program would not flag.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This seems really ridiculous. I am not questioning the validity of your statement, it just seems like such a wasted data opportunity for MSP. Good grief, how many empty casings did they store for ultimately no reason? A couple GB's of photos seems to me like a no-brainer :shrug:
    MSP doesn't keep the database DPSC does, and all other LE related databases.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Pickle lie? No way. He doesn’t know the truth, how could he lie?

Sent from an undisclosed location.
    Not the first time I have been given this answer, Pickle is just the latest. Several LD commanders had told me the same thing back when I was MSI President.

JohnnyH

Sep 28, 2013
    In their investigation, police said they reviewed video that showed an individual accidentally discharge a firearm in the food court. They are still looking for the person who had the weapon.

There were no injuries reported.

Police said the investigation will continue.

Anne Arundel County Executive Steuart Pittman issued a statement on the incident: "Three months ago, the Supreme Court made it more dangerous to go to the mall in America. The NYSRPA vs. Bruen decision made it easier to carry guns in public places, and Maryland followed suit, removing the 'good and substantial reason' that had been required to obtain a concealed carry permit. The following month, concealed carry permit applications in Maryland soared by 700% compared to the same month in 2021.

"Today, we saw what happens when more guns are present in our communities. Families enjoying a meal in the food court at Arundel Mills experienced the terror of not knowing whether they would be the latest victims of a mass shooting. People fled, people were hurt, all because a firearm went off in a crowded public space. My heart goes out to everyone present for this incident - nobody should have to go through what you did today.

"For four years, I have made it a priority to put in place common-sense local policies to prevent gun violence and death in Anne Arundel County. We have one of the best Police Departments in America, and from 2018-2021, every category of crime fell by ten percent or more. In June, our Gun Violence Intervention Team issued its strategic plan - read it at www.aahealth.org/GVIT.

"But today, I am angry. Politicians glorify guns to get votes, the Supreme Court takes away our right in Maryland to pass and enforce our own gun permitting laws, and the result is terror.

"I will stand with our law enforcement community and push back against this idea of promoting guns in public places. It’s dangerous and it’s stupid."

This report will be updated.
    If we all get out to the polls, this year, we should have a new and better County Exec. Certainly, Nitt Witman has to go.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Reckless endangerment? Whatever. He should be required to retake safety training. That bullet could have ricocheted and killed 29 people. The emotional damage is apparent just listening to the girl with the mask, even though you can't tell what she's saying. "Mmmff...rlf..gbbl...eekrlcnt!" Funny about the prior incident at Arundel Mills where chairs were thrown around and people thought it was gunfire.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Reckless endangerment? Whatever. He should be required to retake safety training. That bullet could have ricocheted and killed 29 people. The emotional damage is apparent just listening to the girl with the mask, even though you can't tell what she's saying. "Mmmff...rlf..gbbl...eekrlcnt!" Funny about the prior incident at Arundel Mills where chairs were thrown around and people thought it was gunfire.
    Did I miss something in this thread or in the news about the guy having training and a permit?

JPALUGI

Sep 12, 2022
    Baltimore MD
    Thanks for updating. I would have thought they retained a copy for just this type of instance. Amazing on the inconsistencies on this type of stuff. When I got my HQL, they pulled my driver's license photo and put it on my card. I was reading about HQLs on the MSP site the other day, and now it looks like they just send you an email, and don't even provide a card.
    I'd be willing to bet they put your photo in a facial recognition program and why not it's a good way to use the recognition program. Mt bet is the dude doesn't have a CCW permit, if he does he's in a heap of trouble for not owning the mistake and then remaining at large. We are given permits because we chose to do the right thing, this guy doesn't seem to be following that pattern so I doubt it's a permit holder.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Did I miss something in this thread or in the news about the guy having training and a permit?

No. Nothing but speculation. Pittman spoke out of his ass about Bruen, trying to tie the negligent discharge to that ruling. And at the time he opened his gas pipe, he didn't (and he still doesn't) know one way or the other if this guy had anything that even resembles training or a permit.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    No Just driving back and forth to work. In one day I can tell you I was circle at least three time. I did not even know what was going on until I got home and saw the news. I was also driving from Aberdeen to 695. Not even near the shootings. I was driving a plan white ford van. No logos on it.
    Are you a white guy that looks like a red neck from WV, because that's what the "experts" were telling everyone to look out for. I am black, but I was a young attorney at the time of the shootings and there was a friend I had at the firm I worked who was a white guy from Kentucky. I remember when they found the shooters he told me at work one day, no offense but I am so glad it was one of you for a change. We laughed our asses off.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    You assume he was carrying legally (as are most in this thread). I don't believe that to be the case, and until I am proven wrong, I will continue to argue that he was a felon, carrying illegally.
    I don't care if he was a felon. I just hope he didn't have a permit. We don't need this kinda BS associated with us.

Maybe he's Plaxico Burgess' li'l brother.

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    I'd be willing to bet they put your photo in a facial recognition program and why not it's a good way to use the recognition program. Mt bet is the dude doesn't have a CCW permit, if he does he's in a heap of trouble for not owning the mistake and then remaining at large. We are given permits because we chose to do the right thing, this guy doesn't seem to be following that pattern so I doubt it's a permit holder.

I agree, my suspicions are that he is not a permit holder. I have to wonder if they contact this guy will this be kept quiet and out of the news if he doesn't have a permit.

JPALUGI

Sep 12, 2022
    Baltimore MD
    I agree, my suspicions are that he is not a permit holder. I have to wonder if they contact this guy will this be kept quiet and out of the news if he doesn't have a permit.
    No doubt they will keep quiet, especially since Pittmans statement points to a permit holder. can't have politicians be wrong about anything. and even if its found out and made public to be a non permit holder they won't ever apologize or retract the statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom