• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    I just had WBAL radio on about this topic. Both talk show hosts seem to swing wildly on if the guy had a permit or not. Even though both said the man was not identified yet. Neither one even seem to have a grip on what it takes to get a permit. Or the laws pertaining to it. They even admitted neither has any classes for gun laws.
    I think if someone was willing they should offer to let them sit in on a class. If they will take you up on it it might help change some opinions. At the least they will learn something about the subject they no nothing about. Can't hurt.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I just had WBAL radio on about this topic. Both talk show hosts seem to swing wildly on if the guy had a permit or not. Even though both said the man was not identified yet. Neither one even seem to have a grip on what it takes to get a permit. Or the laws pertaining to it. They even admitted neither has any classes for gun laws.
    I think if someone was willing they should offer to let them sit in on a class. If they will take you up on it it might help change some opinions. At the least they will learn something about the subject they no nothing about. Can't hurt.
    Good luck with that - the people who love to pontificate on subjects like these, yet who freely admit that they don't know much, also aren't actually interested in learning about it - it's much easier to spout off about your personal beliefs when you don't have facts to get in the way of things.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I’m super confused here

That is a totally different photo then the guy that was in earlier post.
    Yeah---first reports and all. Remember the "White Van" with the DC Sniper in it? Not saying this is the guy either--- but they have had some time to interrogate any witnesses--

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    This is a pet peeve of mine and I try to educate when the opportunity arises because it is so often misused.

Jive: (pretty sure we weren't looking to get down and boogie)
    1. a lively style of dance popular especially in the 1940s and 1950s, performed to swing music or rock and roll.
    2. a form of slang associated with black American jazz musicians.

Jibe: (this is the one you want)
    1. be in accord : AGREE — usually used with a story that doesn't jibe with the facts.

Gibe:
    1. to utter taunting words.
    2. to deride or tease with taunting words - boxers gibing each other before a fight.

Truly the nicest version of internet spell check I have seen.

Thanks trickg

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    That image is from the Cascade Mall shooting (that was the shooter)...not sure how in the world that image made this thread and conflated with Arundel Mall.

Yeah, kind of hard for him to have been at Arundel Mills, since he died in 2017.

(dblas or a Mod should probably delete Post #90.)

Last edited:

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    During the DC sniper I was driving a white van. I was circle many time on 95 driving back from work. Decided I would stop using company truck for awhile. I was just waiting to get run off the road by the police. They were not even close on what type of vehicle. Scary!

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    During the DC sniper I was driving a white van. I was circle many time on 95 driving back from work. Decided I would stop using company truck for awhile. I was just waiting to get run off the road by the police. They were not even close on what type of vehicle. Scary!
    Were you drinking often, driving without a license, illegal alien? 10,000 others were on the road with the same vehicle and didn't have a problem.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    Were you drinking often, driving without a license, illegal alien? 10,000 others were on the road with the same vehicle and didn't have a problem.
    No Just driving back and forth to work. In one day I can tell you I was circle at least three time. I did not even know what was going on until I got home and saw the news. I was also driving from Aberdeen to 695. Not even near the shootings. I was driving a plan white ford van. No logos on it.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    No Just driving back and forth to work. In one day I can tell you I was circle at least three time. I did not even know what was going on until I got home and saw the news. I was also driving from Aberdeen to 695. Not even near the shootings. I was driving a plan white ford van. No logos on it.
    I was driving the same but never thought twice about it, as long as I wasn't carrying anything chambered in .223

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I was doing none of those things, yet my white van was searched 2-3 times a day in 2 days,, I was finally given a paper schedule to be filled out when I was searched,, so the next set of troopers or mounties could sign off.
    I was driving a white van in PG and Montgomery counties.
    The 1st day of the shootings, I had a cased ML rifle in the back of my Van, it was just prior to early ML season and I was going to be doing some shooting.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Dc sniper era.

I was driving an unlabeled white chevy van, I was born in fairfax, raised in pg and mont county. I was in bowie the day the kid was shot at tasker em school. I used to ride my bike to tasker to play tennnis. I am former mil, and fit the age range. I knew every area where a shooting happened very well. I never got pulled over once, but another guy I worked with did many times.

Now the fun part, my mother was in politics in PG county at the time, they knew who it was from pretty early on, they let the van thing go on and on so the guy would not go on the run. They figured it was better to keep the shooters thinking they did not know they knew who he was.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I wouldn’t be so quick to endorse criminal charges on others.

Semantics rabbit hole warning !

For me to Encourage , advocate , or bring such criminal charges , would be a result of me seeing substantial Malum .

Conversely , I Caution any and all such persons to be cognizant of the Potential charges for such carelessness , and warn that in PRM will be a predisposition to be made an example of .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I guess the reporter got it wrong then or was told the wrong info by police ?

Three relevant possibilities for news reports :

1. It's affirmatively manipulated due to implicit or explicit bias , at some point of the food chain of reporter > producer/ editor > general manager/ publisher

2. It's inaccurate , simply because they're stupid

3 They accidentally got it reasonably close to correct

Add in PD spokesperson paraphrasing for general public , and newsies further paraphrasing the paraphrase .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom