• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    They don’t need reasons. They are (mostly) rabid anti-gunners who will infringe at every opportunity and then some.
    yeah pretty much this unfortunately. if they'd focus instead on putting and keeping actual violent criminals in jail, our crime numbers would really decrease.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Miss Sally is looking through her magic mirror from the MGA Romper Room. If she sees (and if we promise) to be good doo-bees, we will all be allowed to have fun at play.

WTF! Have they not made it clear what they want? Each and every year? For the last 50 plus sessions?
    Romper, bomper, stomper, boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, did all my friends have fun at play?

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    My opinion is they will find out (or already know) the person responsible in not a legal carrier and the story will fade away

Cant believe they evacuated the mall because of loud chair banging....lol

Whodatpat

Sep 9, 2009
    College Park MD
    There is a difference between an accident and an incident. An accident is unavoidable. It is impossible for a firearm to accidentally fire. A fact 2A advocates preach to the liberal media daily. Only negligence of the firearm’s operator will cause it to discharge unintentionally. Yes, that individual should have their permit revoked. (Assuming they even have one.) Not forever, but allowed to reapply after retraining through the NRAs pistol course on the responsible use of a firearm. The MD class is crap “because” the anti 2A side won’t listen to a damn thing the 2A side recommends. WE WANT SAFETY TOO. It shouldn’t be this hard. You CAN have guns AND safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I am curious if this guy was carrying in his pocket and no safety on? I mean one in the chamber and no safety.. This carelessness is not good. He should lose his right to carry. Could have easily killed an innocent bystander

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    There is a difference between an accident and an incident. An accident is unavoidable. It is impossible for a firearm to accidentally fire. A fact 2A advocates preach to the liberal media daily. Only negligence of the firearm’s operator will cause it to discharge unintentionally. Yes, that individual should have their permit revoked.
    Sadly not accurate. I've personally witnessed mechanical failures of firearms that caused a discharge that weren't the operator's fault. Luckily in all cases nobody was being swept by the muzzle at the time.

There are guns that are more likely than others to AD if dropped, including several common C&R revolvers. I guess you could say poor choice of carry firearm, or poor maintenance, is the operator's fault.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I am curious if this guy was carrying in his pocket and no safety on? I mean one in the chamber and no safety.. This carelessness is not good. He should lose his right to carry. Could have easily killed an innocent bystander
    White eyed roll back while also fingering gun?

Shouldn't lose the right to carry, but I'll allow losing the right to walk the streets

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    He might not have been carrying legally. Who knows.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I had a fender bender with the potential of running over a playground full of children. Should I lose my privilege to drive?

?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Fox 45 this morning had bit on it, mostly about folks stuck in the parking lots for a couple of hours due to the massive traffic jam. Then Pittman's spewing off, then going back a couple of years to the last actual shooting in the mall.

IMHO most likely someone without a permit, with it jammed in their pants or pocket sans holster. It makes it easier to ditch the weapon.
    Maybe we need a law that illegal carry, must get at least 8 hours training.

But in any case more training won't stop stupid, if it did folks wouldn't burn up their houses deep frying turkeys.

rrrenyer071

MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2020
    University Park, MD
    I’m just glad no one got hurt. I would definitely like to have more information before I really comment on this. Did he have a permit? Was it pocket-carry with/without a holster? And, what the heck was he doing to get an accidental/negligent discharge? I don’t think we’ll ever really know the whole story.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sadly not accurate. I've personally witnessed mechanical failures of firearms that caused a discharge that weren't the operator's fault. Luckily in all cases nobody was being swept by the muzzle at the time.

There are guns that are more likely than others to AD if dropped, including several common C&R revolvers. I guess you could say poor choice of carry firearm, or poor maintenance, is the operator's fault.
    . It is impossible for a firearm to accidentally fire.

I hope I didn't mangle multiple quotes , including two quotes from different parts of one post .

Opps , looks like It did get mangled , hopefully the references will ne obvious from context .

You could probably say 99.9% of ( unintended discharge ) is operator error . but in our typical obsessive semantics , the incidence of pure accident despite proper care of operator is greater than zero .

Yes , there are certain firearms with design issues requiring different precautions , but it's Not primarily an older DA Revolver issue . It is much more of a Semiauto issue .

Some popular Milsurps had no safety other than half cock ( which by modern standards is no safety ) , plenty milsurp or commercial had safeties that either were ergonomically unusable , or unreliable in functioning as intended . And then the wide range of Drop Safe discussions .

Any major mfg swing out cylinder DA Revolver has a hammer block . (Scratching head about M1892 Colt , so make it post 1900 ) . Most of post 1898 Breaktop and solid frame DA from major mfg were either Hammerless , or had hammer block , at least in their primary product lines .

Even IF , your only firearm is Great Great Grandad's 1905 US Revolver Co without hammer block , carry with empty chamber under hammer , and will be no impediment to speed of getting off first shot , you'll only be one round down on capacity .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is my belief. They truly believe that banning guns will make MD safer. They believe it was a sincerity that's immune to any other point of view, reason or fact. They know they can't ban all guns, but they reason that every one they can ban is one that isn't being used in a crime. They ignore the guns already in circulation because they know that confiscation would go badly and they have no other solution.

Make no mistake, the goals of this MGA session are to ban guns, make life hard for police, and something about abortion protections. Welcome to MD.
    Politicians have only one belief; that they must be re-elected.

In MD, the only party that matters is the Dems, and if you want funding, you toe the Party line. Their personal beliefs, in the unlikely event that they have any besides being re-elected, are not factors in any equation.

They are sincere in their only belief, the quest to retain their power of office.

It was not always so, but in these troubled times, politicians on the Left take no prisoners. Any bending away from the Party Line is permitted only for the purpose of re-election; any vote that seems contradictory to the Party Line is done with back-door approval, for electoral purposes. We've seen this as an ongoing process, and it will only become more solidified as the polarity increases.

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    Or quietly, either.

Probably a darn copper.
    If it was a cop. That would be in news article. ND/AD by officers automatically generate notifications and OIA investigations. Unless it's mechanical failure the officer would be charged administratively and would likely loose a lot of leave in lieu of a monetary fine.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Yea. Give the off duty LEO a break. Tough Crowd here on MDS. Not to mention the Karens as well.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom