• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    From the AA County Executive:

“Today, nineteen children - little elementary school children - and two adults were gunned down by a troubled and angry eighteen-year-old.

Families, neighbors, and a school community are gripped by shock and will soon descend into grief. At some point they will ask themselves the same question we asked ourselves in Annapolis in 2018. What can we do to prevent this from ever happening again?

We must ask that question, and we must be brave enough to act on the answers, even when it’s politically difficult to do so.

In this community, we created a plan. Here is the link. Our Anne Arundel County Department of Health is leading the implementation of that plan, with full engagement by our interagency Gun Violence Intervention Team.

Please attend our June 2, 6pm meeting at the Michael E. Busch Annapolis Library and join our effort to stop this madness, to treat the people who should not be armed, and to prevent some people from being armed.

And while prayers may not solve the problem, they do help. Please pray for the people of Uvalde, Texas.”

Not sure I can make the meeting but curious as to whom he thinks should not be armed. (I bet it's anyone who is not police or military. And even they're suspicious.)

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    I don't know how one is to stop a "troubled and angry 18 year old" that hasn't come to the attention of LE or the mental health system. What do we know or have heard so far? He was bullied. Where were the school administration and counselors to handle that and mitigate some of that pressure? Parents? Dysfunctional with drug addiction, so I guess those role models are out. Background Check? passed...no legal or mental flags, so your rights as a legal citizen were given to you.

Until there is an evil intent meter like in Minority Report, I really don't know what else to do. Taking the "tool" away won't solve the underlying problems. People say it would minimize the damage and I agree that it may well do that, but at what cost to individual liberty? It truly is a wicked problem. I just hope we as a society can come to grips with all of this and advance better solutions, but I expect our little politicians (Beto, Nancy and Chucky) will only look at the quickest, most politically appeasement to score as many political points as they can, and to hell with trying to nurture and sustain the concepts that this nation was founded upon.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I don't know how one is to stop a "troubled and angry 18 year old" that hasn't come to the attention of LE or the mental health system. What do we know or have heard so far? He was bullied. Where were the school administration and counselors to handle that and mitigate some of that pressure? Parents? Dysfunctional with drug addiction, so I guess those role models are out. Background Check? passed...no legal or mental flags, so your rights as a legal citizen were given to you.

Until there is an evil intent meter like in Minority Report, I really don't know what else to do. Taking the "tool" away won't solve the underlying problems. People say it would minimize the damage and I agree that it may well do that, but at what cost to individual liberty? It truly is a wicked problem. I just hope we as a society can come to grips with all of this and advance better solutions, but I expect our little politicians (Beto, Nancy and Chucky) will only look at the quickest, most politically appeasement to score as many political points as they can, and to hell with trying to nurture and sustain the concepts that this nation was founded upon.

LIKE this..
    1653597432072.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom