• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Looking for a shop closer to Cecil County the better to do a pin and weld. The one gunsmith in the area that I know of said 3-4 month wait time, was hoping to get it done sooner.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Looking for a shop closer to Cecil County the better to do a pin and weld. The one gunsmith in the area that I know of said 3-4 month wait time, was hoping to get it done sooner.

Thanks!!

You could try calling Ricks in Conowingo for suggestions. Lacking other options, Duffy's is kind of on your side of Baltimore although not especially close.

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Thanks sxs! I'll travel some if need be, just not really wanting to ship it far away and deal with maybe it getting lost in shipping and long waits on top. Would rather deal with a local shop

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Local gunsmiths with good reputation, have long wait times . Longer than shipping.

Plan C - Pinning & Welding isn't a specialized gun thing . If you know any a moderately competent machinist or welder would consider this simple .

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    As per section 2.5 of the ATF's handbook high temp silver solder is also acceptable and is something you can do yourself.

ATF handbook

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county

There's a spot in Havre De Grace , he does pretty good work he might be able to help you out.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Thanks sxs! I'll travel some if need be, just not really wanting to ship it far away and deal with maybe it getting lost in shipping and long waits on top. Would rather deal with a local shop

I used to work for Scott's Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie. He does awesome work but does most of the gunsmith work himself and that causes some long waits. I didn't recommend him to you because 1) you indicated you wouldn't want a long delay and 2) he is not on you side of Baltimore. You could try calling them. One thing Scott does with certain jobs like pin and weld is to wait until he has several to do then just take a day or 2 to knock them all out. If he already has a few backlogged, the wait may not be that long. He is open tomorrow
    410 761 9815.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I hate to be that guy who recommends something completely opposite what you are looking for. But, in this case, I will.

Check out D. Wilson Mfg

He does excellent work. I had a pin and weld job done and it was perfect and probably less than 2 weeks turnaround

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions! Gonna make some calls and get an appt set up!

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    I hate to be that guy who recommends something completely opposite what you are looking for. But, in this case, I will.

Check out D. Wilson Mfg

He does excellent work. I had a pin and weld job done and it was perfect and probably less than 2 weeks turnaround

LoL thanks for the suggestion! When I reached out to X-Ring Supply in Newark to see if they did P&W they said they didnt and gave me DWilsons info as well. Definitely gonna keep them in mind

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    LoL thanks for the suggestion! When I reached out to X-Ring Supply in Newark to see if they did P&W they said they didnt and gave me DWilsons info as well. Definitely gonna keep them in mind

If you can find a triangular flat rate postal box, an upper will fit in there perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom