• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Okay, I've been putting around with a FLIR Zeus thermal and "old fashioned" rangefinder dangling from my neck. I know Armasight made the AMRF2200 rangefinder that could clip on to the side picatinny rail (and integrate with the Zeus via the IO port), and I know SilencerCo made the Radius that operated much the same (albeit without the integration option) - and I had planned on adding one and the idea went by the wayside with the Rona for a while.

Now I am back on this idea and looking for suggestions. I have a lead on the Armasight (discontinued) which I am inclined to jump on before they are unobtainium - but at as near on it doesn't matter $2k, I want to make sure I am not overlooking a better option. I can't find a used Radius anywhere (no connect option, but half the price). I have seen a couple chinesium units for sub $300, but I am not inclined to use an airsoft grade option. Is anyone else making these type of units?

TIA

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Beware of the NV range finder on Amazon. My wife grabbed it for me and it was totally unusable. Im talking total junk. My ATN had an add on that was 300? That talked to the scope via blue tooth. That worked very well. I have a new in box ATN NV binocular type range finder I’m going to list for 500. Cost around 8?
    I find it hard to judge distance at night with a thermal. I have to use a range finder for peace of mind when I’m hunting areas where plus 250 shot is available. I would assume the more times afield the easier it’ll get.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    That was kind of what I assumed on the Chinesium option. Not overly jazzed about $2k for a rangefinder, but with FLIR ending civilian sales 2 years ago, I imagine it will only get more expensive in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom