• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon about finally being able to exercise my right to carry in MD, but does anyone else think that the quality of the permit card itself seems like something someone made in their basement. I also have a Utah permit and that is like a driver's license with a hologram and seems more professional and harder to be able to fake. Even my HQL with the photo on it seems "more real" than the permit does. I wonder if stopped by police in another state if they would even believe that it is real.
    WHA?? All I got was a HQL email... :shrug:

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon about finally being able to exercise my right to carry in MD, but does anyone else think that the quality of the permit card itself seems like something someone made in their basement. I also have a Utah permit and that is like a driver's license with a hologram and seems more professional and harder to be able to fake. Even my HQL with the photo on it seems "more real" than the permit does. I wonder if stopped by police in another state if they would even believe that it is real.

Don’t feel to bad.

I currently have 11 permits. TX, AZ, UT, WA, IL, VA, PA, FL, ME, NH, CT.
    I have applied for the MD, NJ, RI, and MA permits.

Texas And Illinois have the best looking and best quality Permits so far.
    (That I have)

Washington and PA have the worst.

Washington (state) is printed on blue security paper that I had to laminate Myself. It isn’t even standard “Credit card” sized, so when in my stacks of permits, ID cards, and Drivers License it sticks out and wont “fit” in my wallet correctly. It’s NOT due to the laminating but that the dimensions of the actual permit are not “proper”

PA is a little better. They laminated themselves, in front of me.

Washington reminds me of paper Drivers licenses from the 60’s and 70’s.

PA reminds of the days when states started putting photos on your DL and laminated them in front of you. In the Late 70’s early 80’s.

The rest of the states are just average quality. However, all laser printed on plastic. All except WA are also “credit card” sized and will fit in your wallets ”credit card” pockets.

BTW… if your wondering why I have so many permits. I believe in redundancy for the purposes of Reciprocity.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Does it matter what the card is anyway?

“In this day and age”

Any position you might find yourself showing the card will have the cop verifying anyway.

Not always..

In Texas, BEFORE we passed constitutional carry. I was open carry in my local super market. A local Beto supporter ”Karen” called the local police on me. The officer. Walked down the isle. Asked if I have a LTC. I informed the officer I did. I handed it to him. He looked at it, handed it back to me, explained what happened. Told me to have a nice day and left. Encounter lasted less then 5 min.

It has been the ONLY time a LEO has asked to see my LTC (In Texas)

The only other time an officer asked to see my permit was in TN, again officer looked at it and handed it back to me. Gave me a warning for speeding and left. However this was AFTER TN became a Constitutional Carry state. The officer never ran a check on my Texas Permit.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Not always..

In Texas, BEFORE we passed constitutional carry. I was open carry in my local super market. A local Beto supporter ”Karen” called the local police on me. The officer. Walked down the isle. Asked if I have a LTC. I informed the officer I did. I handed it to him. He looked at it, handed it back to me, explained what happened. Told me to have a nice day and left. Encounter lasted less then 5 min.

It has been the ONLY time a LEO has asked to see my LTC (In Texas)

The only other time an officer asked to see my permit was in TN, again officer looked at it and handed it back to me. Gave me a warning for speeding and left. However this was AFTER TN became a Constitutional Carry state. The officer never ran a check on my Texas Permit.
    Lemme know how that works in the MD

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I remember all the nuisance calls the police were receiving in northern VA when open carry was mandatory in a restaurant that served alcohol. People in Alexandria and Arlington were losing it LOL

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I remember all the nuisance calls the police were receiving in northern VA when open carry was mandatory in a restaurant that served alcohol. People in Alexandria and Arlington were losing it LOL
    Good.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

I took my wife to Clark Bros. near Warrenton. You should have seen her eyes!! :shocking:

She's cool now but she grew up in BCC land and even a trip to Farm and Family freaks her out. :lol2:

Reezie

Aug 18, 2020
    my replacement DC CCW is a piece of paper they told me to print and laminate it myself....ill leave it in gods hands if gun squad approaches me

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Lemme know how that works in the MD

Well being that MD isnt a constitutional carry state, and lots of liberal fanatics on the eastern side. I probably wouldn’t carry openly in Baltimore etc… except maybe in my car.

West side of Maryland, hiking camping kayaking etc… probably would be different.

Not just because the signs in Texas hold legal weight. But if a sign bans open carry. I will gladly conceal. Many theaters in Texas don’t allow open carry but allow concealed.

Even though Marylands sign laws are not legally binding. If they are placed where one can easily see them without to much effort. I will for the most part honor their sign, or just not do business with them. Just depends on the business and business type as well too. Same for any state with legally binding signs or not.

If we were talking restaurants, gas stations. Plenty of those around that I can always go to another one, or do drive through. Same. With grocery stores. We camp a lot, so we cook a lot too.

So far in our travels. The issue of places. Not allowing us to carry has never been a big issue. Sure we have been asked to leave. Not a big thing. We leave, or it’s not a big thing for us not to do business with them.

I would like to see more people boycott businesses that don’t allow us to carry, but that’s a choice you and everyone has to make for themselves.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMG_0348.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Well being that MD isnt a constitutional carry state, and lots of liberal fanatics on the eastern side. I probably wouldn’t carry openly in Baltimore etc… except maybe in my car.

West side of Maryland, hiking camping kayaking etc… probably would be different.

Not just because the signs in Texas hold legal weight. But if a sign bans open carry. I will gladly conceal. Many theaters in Texas don’t allow open carry but allow concealed.

Even though Marylands sign laws are not legally binding. If they are placed where one can easily see them without to much effort. I will for the most part honor their sign, or just not do business with them. Just depends on the business and business type as well too. Same for any state with legally binding signs or not.

If we were talking restaurants, gas stations. Plenty of those around that I can always go to another one, or do drive through. Same. With grocery stores. We camp a lot, so we cook a lot too.

So far in our travels. The issue of places. Not allowing us to carry has never been a big issue. Sure we have been asked to leave. Not a big thing. We leave, or it’s not a big thing for us not to do business with them.

I would like to see more people boycott businesses that don’t allow us to carry, but that’s a choice you and everyone has to make for themselves.
    You’re talking off tangent, I guess point proven?

I thought my statement was that in MD the quality of the card doesn’t really matter too much because any interaction with a cop is going to result in a detention while they run your name and verify you have a valid HGP.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You’re talking off tangent, I guess point proven?

I thought my statement was that in MD the quality of the card doesn’t really matter too much because any interaction with a cop is going to result in a detention while they run your name and verify you have a valid HGP.
    That isn’t true. I’ve had interactions with cops while carrying in MD. Even when they knew I had a gun, none even wanted to see my permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom