• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA

I hate the whole USPSA percentage thing on the overall scoresheet.... Just add up final times from everyone's scores and leave it be :rolleyes:

I dumped a loaded shotgun with the safety off on my last stage, so I was technically DQ'd, so my score is not accurate LOL. I looked down at the gun and saw smoke coming out of the chamber and assumed the bolt was locked back, in reality the smoke was obscuring the bolt from my view.

I had some issues on my first two stages anyway, the first with some teething issues with my new rifle and the 2nd was lack of chokes in my shotgun, but as the day went on the rifle seemed to smooth out a bit and I have plans for a new shotgun.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My newly acquired 930 JM Pro worked fine except I'm not quite sure of the pattern as yet. Still mowed the clays down easy and fast. My AR however lost the zero in my scope (have not shot it at all since last months match). Really killed me in the long range stage 4. Used my offset Dueck's the rest of the way. I'm thinking I might sell a couple of my camera lenses to fund a Vortex Razor HD II 1-6x24. I also have a newly acquired second Bul M-5 in 9mm for the next event I do so I don't have to use my USPSA Limited 9x23mm gun and worry about picking up all the brass. I will probably skip events till March to work on getting everything 100%, or at least whatever time frame I get things to that level. Practice, practice, and more practice (and losing weight).

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I hate the whole USPSA percentage thing on the overall scoresheet.... Just add up final times from everyone's scores and leave it be :rolleyes:

I dumped a loaded shotgun with the safety off on my last stage, so I was technically DQ'd, so my score is not accurate LOL. I looked down at the gun and saw smoke coming out of the chamber and assumed the bolt was locked back, in reality the smoke was obscuring the bolt from my view.

I had some issues on my first two stages anyway, the first with some teething issues with my new rifle and the 2nd was lack of chokes in my shotgun, but as the day went on the rifle seemed to smooth out a bit and I have plans for a new shotgun.

Next match, you're welcome to shoot my FN SLP for a few stages to see if you like it.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Next match, you're welcome to shoot my FN SLP for a few stages to see if you like it.

That's what Stu shoots. I've put a few rounds through it. I'm 99% sure I'm going to go with the Versamax.

Jason, I considered getting a new barrel, but then I'm also going to want a longer extension tube and the like AND Paige is buying a shotgun soon, and she's definitely getting a Versamax, so I'd rather we have the same gun, so that I only have to be familiar with one system. I don't want to find myself having to switch from a Mossberg safety to the Versamax if my gun goes down or Paige having to do the opposite and resulting in another DQ because of it LOL

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Jason, I considered getting a new barrel, but then I'm also going to want a longer extension tube and the like AND Paige is buying a shotgun soon, and she's definitely getting a Versamax, so I'd rather we have the same gun, so that I only have to be familiar with one system. I don't want to find myself having to switch from a Mossberg safety to the Versamax if my gun goes down or Paige having to do the opposite and resulting in another DQ because of it LOL

Good points - you want to standardize on a manual of arms for sure. The Versamax is a solid gun by all accounts. Getting the 930 up to speed definitely takes an extension tube, barrel and better sights. Also, mine was finicky getting it to run right with the extended tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom