pdp vs sig 320 full size vs gen 5 glock, opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    One of them I like .
    One of them I DISlike
    One of them I have yet to be hands on. The hyped features don't really float my boat , but that wouldn't matter if it fit me well , and I shot it well anyway.

But ( short of a warning about major problems) what I like doesn't matter . You fondle & preferably shoot each , and pick which one You like/ shoot we .

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    I never owned a 320, but other sig models were never keepers for me (365, p226). I demoed a 4” compact pdp with a holosun and it outshot all my other striker fired polymer framed guns. It just fit me perfectly. Very fun at the range. The grip, trigger, and RDS comes together so perfectly that accuracy and follow up shots just works well for me. I just had to get one. The G19.5 using the same holosun is close (splitting hairs here…) but a bit softer (recoil) feeling. Out of the 3, I like the pdp the best as a shooter (with the rds). But, the 19.5 is a very close second.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And * To Me * , the P225 is the bee's knees , and my definitive 9mm .

Hence , the OP should try them to find His favorite.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I never owned a 320, but other sig models were never keepers for me (365, p226). I demoed a 4” compact pdp with a holosun and it outshot all my other striker fired polymer framed guns. It just fit me perfectly. Very fun at the range. The grip, trigger, and RDS comes together so perfectly that accuracy and follow up shots just works well for me. I just had to get one. The G19.5 using the same holosun is close (splitting hairs here…) but a bit softer (recoil) feeling. Out of the 3, I like the pdp the best as a shooter (with the rds). But, the 19.5 is a very close second.
    Finger grooves, back straps and swells seldom work for me but the PDP does!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    PDP has a great grip. The deep industrial slide cuts turn me on. Ugly gun to me, but good quality.

My P320 is great. People like the versatility. You can make "other guns" using the FCU. Many options for grip modules and accessories.

The Glock will work, but the stupid grip angle bump is what makes it a loser for many. Pressing out and then having to push the front sight down on the point if aim, sucks. Just say no to combat fishing.

Quality isn't an issue for any of them.

Me? I would pay for the 320 even if I had the choice to get the others for free.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    3HfE1nc.jpg

PDP Full-Size 4.5 is my favorite that the OP listed. I've had this one for a couple of years and it works better than I ever reasonably expected it to work. Great trigger, match grade accuracy, 100% reliability.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I have all three and out of the box my first choice is the PDP, the Glock second, then the P320. The PDP's are pretty basic as are the Glocks. There is a lot more versatility with the P320 and its modular design and good aftermarket support. The downside to the PDP would be in aftermarket support. I enjoyed playing with and modifying my Glocks. They are a simple, reliable tool. Aftermarket support is fantastic. Whichever you choose I think you will be happy.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    The PDP feels best in my hand, I’m sure they are all very good.
    The PPQ (different, but similar) is probably the best feeling gun in my hand that I ever felt at the gunshop. I finally gave up on it after years of trying to adjust grips and everything else. I just can't shoot it worth a damn (constantly regripping and reaching for the trigger).
    My advice is to actually rent them at a range and get a feel for how they shoot. I bought a Canik back in the day and it is basically a PPQ clone. I should have known better, but I didn't.
    They are both great quality guns, they just don't fit me.

I have a 320 full size. Trigger is mushy, feels ok in my hand, but not great. Seems a bit snappy compared to other pistols. Nothing about it I truly like. However, I have the fastest follow-up shots using that handgun. Go figure.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    IMG_9637.jpeg
    love the versatility of the p320. Here’s mine with Wilson Combat grip module and skeletonized Sig trigger.

That said, a Gen 5 Glock 17 is what lives in my nightstand.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    PDP has a great grip. The deep industrial slide cuts turn me on. Ugly gun to me, but good quality.

My P320 is great. People like the versatility. You can make "other guns" using the FCU. Many options for grip modules and accessories.

The Glock will work, but the stupid grip angle bump is what makes it a loser for many. Pressing out and then having to push the front sight down on the point if aim, sucks. Just say no to combat fishing.

Quality isn't an issue for any of them.

Me? I would pay for the 320 even if I had the choice to get the others for free.
    Not to derail the listed options. Shadow systems has some offerings that negate the combat fishing problem. The changed grip angle and back straps help a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom