• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Those appear to me to be from the inside(back) edges of the barrel extension. There is a good ridge of displaced brass towards the case mouth under magnification at those spots. If it was rotating the brass would have gone more radially. Im guessing it whacks those lugs, bounces off a little and then gets dragged the rest of the way out making contact w/ only the two points as it sits in their valley. I stoned the back edges of the right side lugs last night so we'll see if the marks change. They were very sharp.

This looks like its going to be a fun little upper. Have a Colt mag/adapter already working and will try out Endomags soon ;) My new handguard won't get here until next week though so it'll still be running naked this Sat. My old blowback setup was finicky w/ ammo and gassy when suppressed. I haven't used it in a long while. Really looking forward to playing w/ 9mm again.

Game changer from direct blowback.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Those appear to me to be from the inside(back) edges of the barrel extension. There is a good ridge of displaced brass towards the case mouth under magnification at those spots. If it was rotating the brass would have gone more radially. Im guessing it whacks those lugs, bounces off a little and then gets dragged the rest of the way out making contact w/ only the two points as it sits in their valley. I stoned the back edges of the right side lugs last night so we'll see if the marks change. They were very sharp.

This looks like its going to be a fun little upper. Have a Colt mag/adapter already working and will try out Endomags soon ;) My new handguard won't get here until next week though so it'll still be running naked this Sat. My old blowback setup was finicky w/ ammo and gassy when suppressed. I haven't used it in a long while. Really looking forward to playing w/ 9mm again.

I'm thinking maybe by the time the case was completely out of the chamber and beginning its side pressure towards the ejection port, it coincided with the tail end of the unlocking rotation.

In other words, much ado about nothing by moi. :shrug:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Had the 10.5" PSA 9mm Direct Blowback upper out to the range today. With the slightly heavier upper, I noticed recoil reduced. Accuracy was pretty close to the 8".
    Put 100 rounds through it, PSA Glock magwell and not a single hiccup.

I like shooting the 8" but I'm going to hold onto the 10.5" with all this Pistol Brace "chatter" that I read.

Next, I need a trigger upgrade to the standard trigger.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Has anyone tried a 10mm PCC? I am thinking about putting together a 10mm upper and putting that on my 45 lower. :shrug: I think the Glock 10mm mags will fit. Also, Midway makes an 11 ounce buffer.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Has anyone tried a 10mm PCC? I am thinking about putting together a 10mm upper and putting that on my 45 lower. :shrug: I think the Glock 10mm mags will fit. Also, Midway makes an 11 ounce buffer.

The problem is the huge range of pressures. What works with lighter loads isn't great with hot stuff. Hot stuff is pretty much the point of going with 10 over 45 anyway. It's best with delayed or gas op, but can get blowback to run OK with 10+oz buffers and avoiding nuclear loads. The main issue is in blowback the case acts as both the lock and piston, 10mm has kind of a weak case head being a relatively small diameter with a large primer, add in high pressure with a slow powder, and it can cause issues.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The main issue is in blowback the case acts as both the lock and piston, 10mm has kind of a weak case head being a relatively small diameter with a large primer, add in high pressure with a slow powder, and it can cause issues.

Interesting.

[EDIT] There is a 10mm CMMG offering. That could be fun.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I ordered this from Optics Planet and got it four months before the Primary Arms Website is estimating. New Gemini ACSS 9mm Bullet Drop Compensator reticle.

Attachments

• 20220407_171238.jpg
      20220407_171238.jpg
      57.2 KB · Views: 98
    • 20220407_171218.jpg
      20220407_171218.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 101

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I ordered this from Optics Planet and got it four months before the Primary Arms Website is estimating. New Gemini ACSS 9mm Bullet Drop Compensator reticle.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts? What ammo is it marked for? Prolly 124 grain?

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Finally got the shipping notification for my JP-5 rifle that I preordered June 2021. Should be to my FFL on Friday. I feel excited as a kid a few days before Christmas. Will be posting some pics and a range report sometime over the weekend.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Finally got the shipping notification for my JP-5 rifle that I preordered June 2021. Should be to my FFL on Friday. I feel excited as a kid a few days before Christmas. Will be posting some pics and a range report sometime over the weekend.
    Nice.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    First impressions of the JP-5 was that the fit and finish were top notch. Came in a nice foam cut out box with the upper and lower separated. The usual manual and lock plus were in the box as well as a challenge coin, a hat and some lube and other small goodies Very well presented. The m-lok handguard has some texture and is really nice and will be good on those hot humid days to keep a steady grip.

IMG_4507.jpg

Took it up to the range on Saturday evening to get sighted in for the Delta Outlaw Steel match on Sunday. I pulled the HS 510 optic off of my old pcc and mounted on the new rifle. Only had to change elevation down a bit as windage was right on. Ran a few rounds through to see how it felt and couldn't believe just how flat that it shot. Shot a quick paced 5 round group off hand @17 yds for a test target to keep in the box.

IMG_4503.jpg

Shot it at the match on Sunday and it was better than I had hoped. The trigger is really nice, light and crisp. It shoots so flat. I took the top spot at the match overall. I am so happy with it so far and think that it was worth the wait.

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 8.23.47 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom