• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Who makes the grippy stuff on the rail?

Centurion Arms. It's not the stoutest stuff and kinda cheap(which I found out once it arrived), but I liked the look. If it begins to fail, I will cylindrical file them. I spent hours looking for something nice(looking).

https://centurionarms.com/parts-accessories/rail-accessories/

Looks like a Caldwell brass catcher mount

Bingo! I use them on as many guns that will allow. Way better than the Velcro ones, which are junk to me.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Centurion Arms. It's not the stoutest stuff and kinda cheap(which I found out once it arrived), but I liked the look. If it begins to fail, I will cylindrical file them. I spent hours looking for something nice(looking).

https://centurionarms.com/parts-accessories/rail-accessories/

Bingo! I use them on as many guns that will allow. Way better than the Velcro ones, which are junk to me.
    Neat, thanks. I have yet to find the perfect grippy stuff for rails, so far Geissele is the closest. I suspect the answer is railscales, but I’m not paying like $30 per panel.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Took the Endomag/PSA 8" upper combination to the range for its first shots.
    Ran like a champ for over 150 rounds of Reloads that I took which were 115 & 124g fmj and different powders Bullseye, W231 and Unique. I had a mess of partially used up bags of 20-30 rounds each. No issues.
    The plastic ejector on the endomag worries me but we will see how it works over time. Not using a pistol mag, I don't have a loader for this so my finger tips were pretty messy by the end. Impact from the recoil was not as bad as my sub2K. Only issue I had was the firefield reflex sight shut off on me while shooting twice. I tightened the battery cap after the 2nd time which was about 10 rounds after the first time and it did not shut off on me for the last 30 rounds. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

For the magazines, I had a regular Pmag and an MOE Pmag, the MOE pmag was a little harder to insert the endomag but I did not experiance any issues with clearance up top like they talk about in the Endomag videos. I picked the PSA uppers not just because they had a decent price and availability, but the few Endomag videos I watched mentioned running them good with the PSA uppers. The endomag does have last round bolt hold open which is nice. I don't think some of the glock magwell adapters I have looked at has that (or do they?).

PSA kits came in. It does not come with mag catch parts for the 9mm upper kits but I had the parts in my parts bin. Pic is for a tease cause the Endomag kits have not come in yet.
    Put the parts kit onto an Engage Lower I had.
    I ordered a 9mm kit, an additional 9mm upper assembly and Endo mag 3 pack.
    Firefield sight on it now but if I have trouble with this cheap thing, I will bring a Sig Romeo5 with me.

I still have to lube up the bolt. I did throw in a laserlyte and clicked off a few at the wall across the long room just to check the gross sight alignment.

Hmm, that birdcage flash hider may have to go.
    This is the 8" kit
    f0c294e72acca1896faec3a912cac79c.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Palmetto State Armory AK-V. An improved version of the Russian Spetsnaz Vityaz. 9mm and uses CZ Scorpion EVO magazines. I stuck a CNC Warrior brace on it.

Need me some 'nanner clips for my AR9. That gun looks great!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So, I pulled every buffer from every lower I have. the only one that was solid was the 5.5oz buffer that came with my PSA 9mm AR kit.

It is the black one here pictured with my KVP 5.4oz buffer
    b961b1d1bafee744990c217b87806025.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    UPDATE. As it turns out, the New Frontier Armory lower is not compatible with a 45 ACP CMMG Radial Delayed Blowback bolt/barrel. I ended up ussing a standard blowback KVP bolt and a New Frontier upper (shown below). For the CMMG bolt/barrel, I have a standard lower (still in 7 day wait) and an MVB magwell adapter that uses HK USC mags. I'll have an update in a week or so, but I think this one will work.

Why didn’t the New Frontier work? What problem did you run into? Curious.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Here's one just for fun.
    Domestic camouflage.
    They'll never find my standard capacity magazine now...

Attachments

• 20220307_081735.jpg
      20220307_081735.jpg
      120.5 KB · Views: 237

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Purchased a PSA Glock PCC mag well adapter

Easy to install. Ran great thru 50 rounds of FMJ & PC cast reloads and G17 mag

This has no last round bolt hold open
    Had to get used to the mag release at the bottom instead of the side button

Scope is on there cause I wanted to test accuracy of various reloads but did not have time today.

I honestly am not feeling the recoil is bad but of course I have not experienced the Radial Delayed Blowback uppers you all speak about.

This is VERY easy to shoot offhand and I can't wait to shoot some steel at 100. just hoping the accuracy that far out does not suck. I'm spoiled with my ARs
    But if it does, I can still shoot at 50 at the pistol range with this configuration

4306e6264d6ef9d7b7b42b835a34b416.jpg

fef456182112b4ab1a31ab14554b1f44.jpg

c98007bbfe110e3ae4b3821e2334ed0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I recently built a 5" RDB 9mm upper.
    1) Are there any Colt mag adapters that work w/ this? Even after removing the ejector and feed ramp of the ones I have to get the upper & lower to close, the mags are held way too high. Do I have to use Endomags?
    2) Approx what weight buffer am I going to need to run? I have an 8.2oz 9mm buffer for my blowback gun. Am I going to need lighter? Shooting 147gr subs almost exclusively.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Thanks.

I'm reading that some people have gotten the Stern and Sylvan Glock mag adapters to work (have to remove the LRBHO and ejector)
    https://getstern.com/mag-ad9/
    https://sylvanarms.com/product/gcb100/
    Edit: There is a PSA version like the Sylvan: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-custom-9mm-glock-compatible-mag-well-conversion-block.html

Looks like you CAN get Colt mags to run. Have to modify the adapter and the mag catch. Since this is a multi purpose lower, I don't want to have to mod the mag catch. :(
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AR9/comments/h9hiim/another_take_how_to_make_cmmg_rdb_kit_work_with/

Sounds like I need to decide whether I go Glock or the Endomag route...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom