• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    It's always fun to get everyone weighing in on what they like/don't like, so...

I've had significant issues finding PCCs I like. My philosophy of use is to increase accuracy over a handgun and suppression. I have SBRs/pistols in rifle calibers, so I am cool with a 16" barrel. Another consideration is that I'm not particularly mechanically inclined (as Clandestine and the guys at Duffy's can testify) and a lot of carbines tend to be a PITA to disassemble.

I'm looking for a 9mm (that takes the Glock funstick or perhaps HK VP9/P30 magazines) and/or a 45 (ideally taking 1911 but not at all necessary).

To illustrate, I've purchased and later sold the following:

• Ruger PC9 - bulky; difficult to disassemble; moved away from the P95 platform
    • Beretta CX4 Storm - my hand engaged the bolt release lever when shooting; moved away from both the 92 and the SIG 226 platforms
    • Kel-Tec S2K, SIG P226 compatability - remained unreliable even after factory rebuild; moved away from the SIG P226 platform
    • Just RIght Carbine - very difficult to disassemble

I'm open to suggestions! Let the comments commence!

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    There are the carbine uppers to use with 1911 receivers. Glock also IIRC. 9mm and 45 ACP come to mind. They are not cheap and use the standard mags for the application of that receiver.

I don't recall who makes them but a web search should narrow it down.

mdsec

Sep 28, 2014
    I have a just right and a tnw asr. Both are 9mm and both take glock mags. I have had solid performance out of both...literally no issues whatsoever with either in 500 rds. I did change the just right carbine feed ramp with the second generation part given the manufacturers recommendation . Overall I'd say the jr is a higher quality more sophisticated design with better ergos and easier shootability but the tnw wins for simplicity and ease of dissassembly...plus I was able to change the stock and eliminated the pistol grip to get my tnw into DC.

If ar platforms were an option for me I would go with one of the qc10 glock lowers or i think Engage has one now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom