• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    There's a problem with giving forfeiture money to charitable or non-profit organisations; many such orgs have agendas that are unacceptable to many people. BLM would be one, any Soros-influenced org would be another. Red Cross is far from my favorite "charity" based on its treatment of its employees, for only one reason. I'm anecdotally informed that during WWII the bulk of the US army members felt that it was far from accomplishing its mission. They gave high marks to the Salvation Army, whose religious bent would be problematic in today's world.

Forfeiture is theft. Monies taken based on illegal activity should be returned in toto to those harmed by the enterprise; none of it should be spent on operating the bureaucratic machinery of the return, to prevent government from siphoning funds to itself.
    In many ways I agree with most of what you’ve said in this post. However, there is not any possible means of doing what you said in the bolder portion, when the criminal enterprise has taken money from hundreds of thousands of anonymous victims.

In those cases, the only way of recompense to the victims, is to use the ill gotten gains to promote the fight against the very crimes which victimized them.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Anyone else need some attention from the staff tonight?

I'm happy to oblige.

A couple of pages of off topic nonsense removed.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Anyone else need some attention from the staff tonight?

I'm happy to oblige.

A couple of pages of off topic nonsense removed.
    Not from me.
    I was getting confused and thinking I was in a cul de sac.
    But I got it now.

Time for baked beans and eggs.

Edit: chow at times can deescalate situations; or so I've been told.

Last edited:

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Man arrested by MD Capitol Police for trying to get complaint forms properly stamped. Seems they don't like being questioned or criticized about their behavior.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Man arrested by MD Capitol Police for trying to get complaint forms properly stamped. Seems they don't like being questioned or criticized about their behavior.

Once Hulbert vs Pope gets settled, Chief Wilson's reliance on Qualified Immunity may prove to be a weak reed indeed.

These asshats need to bleed serious green, until they learn that there exists limitations on political police overreach.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Once Hulbert vs Pope gets settled, Chief Wilson's reliance on Qualified Immunity may prove to be a weak reed indeed.

These asshats need to bleed serious green, until they learn that there exists limitations on political police overreach.
    I'm not familiar with the case but Qualified Immunity doesn't apply if you've violated someone's rights.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Pfffttt....

Their political masters have their backs.

Us little people must accept the lawlessness of the enforcement arm of the politicians.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm not familiar with the case but Qualified Immunity doesn't apply if you've violated someone's rights.
    The case is actually the subject of this thread.

The arresting officer, Sgt Pope, is being thrown under the bus and held personally liable for damages caused by Lt Governor Rutherford's wishing to have legitimate protestors removed from his ken so that he wouldn't have to be annoyed by seeing them. In his arrogance, Rutherford seemed to think that anyone picketing the governor's mansion would both know who he was (possibly doubtful, though Jeff Hulbert was pretty aware of the major players in the MD political scene) and actually give a crap about his walking by. In order to facilitate his passage, calls were made to the Capitol Police to remove all seven of the depraved picketers, a blatantly unconstitutional order.

Maryland's Finest, ably led by bold Attorney General Frosh, is looking to eliminate the expense of having to pay damages by throwing the aforementioned Pope to the wolves.

Meanwhile, apparently Chief Wilson of the Capitol Police seems inclined to harass some new protestor using similar tactics. SOP for the Cap Cops seems to come under the working definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over, while expecting different results.

Maryland politics: as annoying as it is entertaining, unless you're the poor schlub caught in the machinery.

Here's a link to the original episode; it was a lot of fun:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/patriot-picket-protesters-arrested.219880/

Last edited:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019

Was that Jeff H ??
    I am totally in the dark on this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom